If you are passionate about transforming communities with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Senior Program Officer, the Program Officer for Training and Compliance will provide training and compliance services to headquarters and program staff serving unaccompanied children.
This position can be remote with trips to Baltimore as needed.
Global Refuge, formerly known as Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is a nonprofit serving newcomers seeking safety, support, and a share in the American dream. Since 1939, we have welcomed those seeking refuge, upholding a legacy of compassion and grace for people in crisis. We walk alongside individuals, families, and children as they begin their new lives in the United States through our work in refugee resettlement, welcome and respite services for asylum seekers, economic empowerment and employment, and family unification for unaccompanied children. To date, we have served over 750,000 people from around the globe. Our comprehensive services leverage our extensive organizational expertise as well as government, community, and faith partnerships.
Attracting and retaining the best talent is vital to our continued growth and we are proud to offer an excellent benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and vision available on the first day of employment,
- professional development, tuition reimbursement,
- generous paid time off including 20 days of vacation, 12 days of sick leave, 12 paid holidays,
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave and up to 12 weeks of fully paid FMLA leave,
- company 403(b) contribution of 3%, an additional 7% match which vests immediately,
- Family Building benefits for reproductive procedures, adoption/foster care assistance, and
- an annual wellness benefit that can be customized to support your personal needs including funding enrichment classes, gym memberships, and healthy eating plans (to name a few) all in an inclusive and progressive environment!
At Global Refuge, welcoming newcomers isn't just our duty-it's an inherent part of our identity, rooted in our Lutheran heritage and inspired values and serving as a testament to our unwavering commitment to those in search of refuge. Please join us as we make a difference in the lives of newcomers.
- Identify training needs and program challenges for the development of materials, resources, and tools to enhance the delivery of program services in accordance with recognized child welfare standards, Global Refuge best practices, and Global Refuge /ORR policies and procedures implementation
- Coordinate and conduct pre-services training for Global Refuge headquarters and care provider staff
- Create and facilitate online and in-person training using interactive video conferencing and presentations to inform field and HQ staff of the most recent standards policies and procedures regarding services for UC
- In consultation with the Senior Program Officer, recommending additional training for HQ and care provider staff as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A Master's degree in Social Work or related Behavioral Health Science is required
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in program management serving children and families required
- Experience in the creation and delivery of training modules in a variety of settings
- Excellent writing skills required
- Deep commitment to Global Refuge's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Special Position Requirements
- Licensed or license eligible strongly preferred
- Spanish language ability is strongly preferred
- Up to 50% travel Required
- A valid driver's license required
- Must be able to pass an FBI background check as well as a CA/N check for every state in which they have resided in the last five years.
Global Refuge is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We participate in E-Verify.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package in an innovative and rewarding work environment. Salaries are based on the latest market data and reflect the education, skills and requirements for the role. Differentials may exist based on the region and language abilities. Global Refuge has been welcoming newcomers since 1939. Learn more at globalrefuge.org.