FLEX HIGH SCHOOL PONTIAC
Full Time, Monday – Friday
Competative compensation starting from $50,000.00/year
Do you have a passion to work one-on-one with students and help them soar? As a Teacher at Flex High School, you will encourage, challenge, and help students grow in confidence and academics, and graduate high school – no matter their obstacle.
The Flex High Advantage
Our personalized learning model is what makes Flex High School unique. Our students are at the center of our mission, which means that staff is unified, and priorities are set to reach the best outcome for all students. Some the other advantages we offer are:
- Our student-counselor ratio is 1:250, which is far below many traditional schools.
- We offer free tutors for students and labs that supplement their instruction and reduce academic discouragement.
- With the support of Lifelong Learning, an educational services organization, staff receives all the tools/resources needed to do their job without any personal financial investment.
- We provide ongoing professional learning, continuing education (subsidized), career advancement opportunities for staff throughout the school year.
- Our staff has a close relationship with and is supported by their area supervisor/leadership. We empower them to succeed.
- We operate year-round with generous holiday, vacation, and seasonal breaks.
Come learn more about us at https://flexhigh.org/
How You Will Make an Impact
The Teacher teaches in a personalized instructional environment, working with students and/or parents to determine and evaluate student academic plan. This position will collaborate with other school faculty to ensure student retention and academic success. This position reports to the Principal or designee.
- Valid Teaching License issued by Michigan Department of Education
- Teaching experience
- Experience with student and educational information systems
- Skilled in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Ability to travel in performance of job duties is required
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull objects weighing up to 10 pounds (almost all office jobs)
Benefits: We are committed to providing quality and affordable benefits to our employees. We offer a comprehensive and flexible benefits program designed to meet the changing needs of our employees and their families.
Some of our benefits for full-time employees include:
- Competitive nonprofit salary
- Excellent medical, dental, vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability (LTD); short term disability (STD)
- Sick leave
- Generous holiday, vacation and seasonal breaks
- 403(b) retirement plan with an attractive company contribution
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Wellness benefits through our Wellable app and Employee Assistance Program that includes financial, legal and emotional counseling
- Employee discount program for things such as travel, home and entertainment.