We are a global leader in automotive seating because of our people — a team of adventurous thinkers and passionate high performers who make it all possible. We pride ourselves on being at the vanguard of new industry trends and technologies. When you join Adient, you’ll play an important role in helping us improve the experience of a world in motion.
The Manufacturing Engineer uses engineering principles to design, procure, install, and validate manufacturing processes. Analyzes and plans for labor utilization, equipment requirements, workflow, manufacturing space requirements and layout for maximum efficiency. Interfaces with the development team from concept through start of production to ensure the successful launch of new products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manufacturing Engineer develops and implements processes, methods, tools equipment, and controls for the manufacturer of products and components consistent with obtaining and maintaining optimum costs, quality, inventories, and investment in facilities. Activities will include all aspects of prototype development and builds
- Actively applies new manufacturing technologies and aggressively evaluates and reports on manufacturing opportunities which will contribute to the plant’s objectives and goals.
- Participates in the product design activity to assure optimum productivity and costs. Suggests alternative designs, materials, or processes. Must be capable of resolving all problems while maintaining good rapport with customers.
- Maintains effective communications with all people affected by projects and issues operating instructions when required. Issues periodic status reports to keep affected personnel informed.
- Prepares manufacturing studies to determine optimum manufacturing costs, quality, and inventories and/or evaluates feasibility for new or existing products, processes or materials.
- Recommends changes for the most practical and economical manufacturing processes, including material, labor, tooling, equipment, and ancillary factors.
- Participates in selecting, approving, and developing tooling and equipment to satisfy manufacturing requirements and product design intent
- Provides customer liaison as relates to product design and engineering matters
- Coordinates new processes implementation and training. Insures that all relevant tooling is capable of making required product to meet all timing goals
- Serves as resource person to process changes, problem solving committee, etc., to insure product design intent is not jeopardized
- Actively pursue quality improvements in the manufacturing process.
- Serves as part of SDT team of Pre-Launch Team of new programs, if required and as assigned
- Researches and implements state of the art technology to assure that product design is manufactured in most capable/cost effective manner possible
- Ensure plant is pursuing latest technological advances
- Work closely with production to ensure key measures are met
- Familiar with PFMEA, Process Flow, Control Plans, and IATF16949
- Establishment and Verification of Poke Yoke
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Complete all required and applicable training required by Adient and its customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or related field is preferred, and/or equivalent experience
- At least 3-5 years in manufacturing engineering or related manufacturing area, automotive is a plus
- Competent working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process utilizing PFMEA principles
- Capable of implementing processes, methods, tools equipment, and controls for the manufacturer of products and components consistent with obtaining and maintaining optimum costs, quality, inventories, and investment in facilities. Activities will include all aspects of prototype development and builds.
- Create processes and procedures to help the company meet budgetary goals as well as performance metrics.
- Practical knowledge of GD&T, PFMEA, Control Plans, Process Flows, and Operator Instruction Sheets.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills with ability to utilize time management skills
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs
- Experience using Allen Bradley’s RS Logix 5000, ControlLogix development software for troubleshooting
- Adhere to all Health, Safety and Environmental Standards
- Report occupational injuries, illnesses and accidents
- Report hazardous, unsafe and unhealthy conditions
Battle Creek Seating Component