Suburban Subaru of Troy- Service Technician
The Service Technician is responsible for performing automotive repairs and service in accordance with store and factory standards. This individual utilizes their skills to diagnose and resolve the different sources of automotive problems swiftly and accurately. The Service Technician works with all Service personnel and management to ensure the satisfaction of our customers.
The Service Technician reports to the Service Manager.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with Lithia and manufacturer standards.
- Diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Complete all work according to the applicable safety requirements.
- Road-test vehicles to ensure quality of repair work.
- Accurately record time spent on repairs utilizing company time clocking procedures.
- Document work performed on repair order and document test procedures/results.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining an inventory of normal mechanics tools to include screwdrivers, wrenches, socket wrenches, pliers, hammers, chisels and punches, and other tools needed to perform the work for which the technician is trained and not normally inventoried by the service department as “special tools”.
- Return special tools to proper place.
- Use shop supplies and materials in a practical and economical manner.
- Maintain an organized and clean workspace, completing a stall cleaning every day.
- Ensure that customer’s vehicles are returned to them as clean as they were prior to being serviced.
- Complete all required training.
- Acquire and maintain manufacturer and ASE certifications by completing the necessary and required training.
- Participate in and utilize technical training as assigned by management.
- Review the technical bulletins and other publications as assigned by management.
- Constructively communicate with other dealership personnel as required to satisfy customer needs.
- Report to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its personnel, or customers.
- Maintain personal grooming, hygiene, and uniform standards according to departmental policies. Clean gray work shirts, creased gray work trousers, shirts to be tucked in at all times. Belts worn on trousers to be of no buckle design to avoid scratching paint on customer’s vehicles.
- Arrive at work, take breaks, and depart work at the times designated by management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication
- Competency: Passed manufacturer training and can perform repairs in the following areas with no supervision:
- Lube and Maintenance Services
- Engine Repair
- Suspension/Steering Repair
- Brake Repair
- Electrical/Electrical Systems Repair
- Heating and A/C Repair
- Engine Drivability Diagnosis and Repair (Optional)
- Manufacturer certified in all areas listed above.
- Minimum of 3 ASE certifications (Should be an ASE Master Technician)
- Customer Pay Proficiency Level: Greater than 105% Customer Pay Repairs
- Automotive Technical Knowledge – Three to five years’ experience
- Does the right thing, takes action and adapts to change
- Self-motivates, believes in accountability, focuses on results, makes plans and follows through
- Believes in humility, shares best practices, desires to keep learning, measures performance and adapts to improve results
- Thrives on a team, stays positive, lives our values
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.*
- Up to 2/3 of time: standing, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds
- Up to 2/3 of time: sitting, kneeling, reaching, talking, hearing
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.
We offer best in class industry benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Lithia Learning Center
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Programs
High School graduate or equivalent, 18 years or older required. Acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license in your state of residence necessary for select roles. We are a drug free workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity (regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status). We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.