We are looking for an experienced Diesel Auto Mechanic to maintain and repair vehicles. You will be responsible for troubleshooting issues and fixing them. Must be well-versed in complex mechanical or electronical systems of vehicles and have excellent problem-solving abilities. Having current certifications is strongly preferred, but not required. Certifications from other manufacturers can be streamlined into Ford Certifications Experience in heavy truck repair is a bonus! Starting pay based on experience!
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g., leaks)
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Test drive customer vehicles to diagnose properly
- Complete and stay up to date on training provided by Ford Motor Company and Dealership.
- Must be computer literate and able and willing to use current technologies and systems required by manufacturer and dealership.
- Work well with Service Advisors, and Parts Department when working on Repair Order
- Maintain neat and clean workstation
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know etc.
- Valid certifications (e.g ASE) is a definite plus
- Communication and being a team player are a must
- Other tasks as assigned