Unit Manager (RN)
Are you looking for a rewarding career and a stable company to call home? MediLodge of Campus Area is ready to teach, train, and help you become a more well-rounded nurse leader. We offer a rewarding experience to work with other warm-hearted team members who will support and guide you along your career path. At the end of each day, your professional success and personal fulfilment will be your reward for making a difference in the lives of our residents.
Responsible for directing the entire operation of a nursing unit in a long-term care healthcare facility
Why Choose MediLodge? No matter where you reside or consider relocating to, we are the largest provider of skilled nursing long-term care and short-term rehabilitation services with 50 centers located throughout Michigan.
While you contribute to the compassionate care for our residents, we strive to provide support and training for you to achieve your career goals. MediLodge offers U.S. Department of Labor approved apprenticeship programs to prepare non-certified staff to become CNAs and mentor nurses along their clinical career path to become Unit Managers, Assistant Directors of Nursing, and Directors of Nursing.
- Performs General Management Functions such as hiring, disciplining and evaluating employees
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address resident care issues for the unit
- Manages area of responsibility with the goal of achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of nursing staff members.
- Contacts physicians as necessary and ensures physicians interventions are timely and appropriate
- Reviews staffing patterns and census of nursing units, and reassigns personnel when necessary to ensure staffing meets resident needs and budgetary controls.
- Monitors the clinical operations of the unit and resident’s conditions and ensures that appropriate and quality care is administered.
- Obtains medications, supplies and medical records needed to provide safe, efficient and therapeutic care to residents on a continuing basis.
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel, monitors their skills and guides and observes staff that may need assistance with procedures.
- Participates in facility “QA” program
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Skilled in motivation of staff and leadership.
- Skilled in work assessment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of state and federal requirements for accreditation and certification.
- Possesses basic computer skills
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse resident and employee population.