This role is Meat Cutter at Family Fare is responsible to properly cut all types of meats into various types of cuts and all preparation of related products in the variety, size, quality, and trim prescribed by company and department standards; to ensure that the work shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store. Complete all other duties as assigned in a timely manner.
Here's what you'll do:
- Cut and weigh steaks, chops, etc. for individual servings.
- Produce 'value-added' products per established guidelines.
- Cut, trim, and bone carcass sections or prime cuts to reduce to cooking cuts. ??
- Follow established recipes to grind and tray meats and make sausage and other products .
- Price, date, wrap and/or bag meat products per established guidelines using department scales.
- Properly fill, rotate and merchandise shelves, cases and displays.
- Notify the manager if products and supplies need to be ordered.
- Receives, unloads, and stocks merchandise.
- Have familiarity with all products carried in the department; know differences in price, taste, preparation, use etc.
- Practice suggestive selling techniques with customers .
- Maintain a clean, attractive and well stocked department.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Here's what you'll need:
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year retail or other related experience preferred.Prior experience in a Meat Cutter, Apprentice role strongly preferred.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and interpret documents
- Basic mathematical skills
- Suggestive Selling/Knowledge of Products
- Detail Oriented
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.