Machine Operator 3rd Shift (11:45pm – 8:15am) Monday to Friday w/ overtime available
Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding job that allows you to utilize your skills to their fullest potential? Do you want to join a team of hardworking, enthusiastic, and creative people and enjoy working with a company that recognizes and embraces diversity? Do you take pride in working with a company that is committed to being a great corporate citizen and playing a role in producing the highest quality products and services?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then TGI Direct is the place for you...
Founded in 1964, TGI Direct is a growing, entrepreneurial, direct marketing company specializing in member communications management. As a direct marketing and fulfillment company, we simplify the process of reaching customers, effectively engaging with them, and elevating their perception of you and your brand. WE focus on servicing companies in highly regulated, process-driven industries where customer data security is critical. TGI Direct is a leading partner in data support, printing capabilities, fulfillment services, and experts in personalized communications. We have over 90 team members across three facilities in Michigan.
Machine Operator: The Machine Operator takes care of all machine-specific functions such as configuring the equipment, loading, and operating the machines, and optimizing the machine capability. They need to ensure that the machine works at its full capacity, oversee its maintenance, and perform timely quality checks.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous related experience preferred.
- An excellent work record, including attendance.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds.
- Able to bend, twist, or kneel frequently.
- Operates various types of printing machines.
- Monitors and controls the machine’s performance and settings.
- Regularly conducts tests of the machine’s performance and operating capacity.
- Responsible for calibrating the machine prior to the production run.
- Aligns and configures machinery.
- Inspects random production samples to evaluate quality of printing.
- Maintains inventory of supplies needed to operate printing machines.
- Troubleshoots issues with printing machine and makes basic repairs.
- Performs routine maintenance on printing machines.
- Drafts and submits reports for daily production totals.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly area around printing machinery.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Read, understand, and complete all production paperwork, including inspection check sheets, quality alerts, and standard work instructions in the job books.
- Follow set-up instructions when operating machines. Support activities in the change-over process.
- Operate machines and/or presses to process parts via standard instructions, consistently maintaining appropriate production levels.
- Troubleshoot machines to ensure both part quality and maximum production levels.
- Follow pack instructions according to customer specifications and prepare for shipping.
- Perform other duties as required to support production as directed by the Team Leader.
- Continuous Improvement/Lean Principles:
- Participate in and support lean initiatives such as continuous improvement events and problem-solving events, identifying and eliminating all types of waste.
- Suggest and implement ideas to increase personal and departmental efficiency.
- Anticipate problems and work to eliminate them before they happen.
- Follow control plans (inspection sheets) to complete the first piece and in-process checks. Conduct quality checks per check sheet and quality alerts, including visual inspections.
- Stop production and notify Team Leader when a non-standard condition is found.
- Follow all safety procedures, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), controls, and safety.
- Identify potential safety issues and take appropriate action, bringing to the attention of leadership.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers and management.
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to perform the job.
- Organize and maintain efficiency of personal work area.
- Accept instructions and duties in a positive manner.
- Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect.
In return, TGI Direct will provide:
- Competitive total compensation including a comprehensive benefit plan including premium medical and prescription coverage, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, and paid time off.
- A safe, team-oriented work environment.
- An opportunity to participate in shaping the success of the organization through continuous improvement and problem-solving events.
- A positive work/life balance
- An opportunity for career growth.
TGI Direct is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other factor not related to job requirements. We respect and value diversity and are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.