This is a hybrid position, both in-office and remote.
Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana is a leader in dental benefits, plus so much more.
We improve oral health through benefit plans, advocacy and community support, and our corporate giving builds healthy, smart, vibrant communities for all. We devote our time, talents and financial resources to improve oral and overall health, and we invest in initiatives that support youth, education, workforce and economic development.
We are a force for good--part of the reason why employees find working at Delta Dental fulfilling. Delta Dental companies nationwide comprise the Delta Dental Plans Association, which provides coverage to more than 83 million Americans and operates two of the nation's largest networks of participating dentists. For more, visit www.deltadentalmi.com and www.vibrantcommunities.com, and apply online at www.deltadentalmi.com/careers.
- Utilizes system to identify and locate information needed for logging purposes
- Assembles, sorts, copies, scans, distributes, logs, files and retrieves claims, mail (internal & external), x-rays, faxes, phone messages, internet mail and other materials
- Maintains related department records and files
- May drive a company vehicle to collect mail from the local post office
- Operates office equipment which may include a scanner, photocopier, fax machine, calculator, personal computer, etc.
- Orders, collects, and/or delivers paper, envelopes, supplies, beverages, and other materials to/from designated work areas and meeting locations
- Adjusts and maintains equipment to ensure proper operation
- May retrieve and prepare materials for scanning
- May research/update information by accessing the claims processing system and other information sources
- May prepare letters and other documents for internal and external use
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid (State of Michigan) driver’s license
- One year of work experience in an office environment
- Ability to lift, load, and move items up to 25 lbs., bend, and twist
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment and handle materials
- Successful completion of a physical and job-related functional screening
- Possess a basic understanding in the use and operation of a personal computer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.