Join the KAM Plastics Team!
KAM Plastics is an employee owned, premier manufacturing company with expertise in plastic injection molding and assembly. We serve multiple markets including automotive, furniture, military, and consumer products. KAM is now climate controlled with a fully air conditioned manufacturing environment during the hot summer months!
The Mold Tech will perform mold changes and set ups on injection molding and related machines. Also sets up equipment and fixtures. This person is responsible for the coordination and moving of materials to machines. Will stage materials for upcoming production runs. Will clean dryers and grinders from completed runs.
Signing Bonus - $1,000!! Paid in the following increments - $500 following 6 months of employment & $500 following 1 year of employment.
Many Great Benefits! KAM offers Medical, Dental, Vision - All available the 1st of the month following 30 days. Vacation time following 90-days, Unpaid time off following 30-days, 9 Paid Holidays, Quarterly bonus plan, Tuition Reimbursement and so much more!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mold changes and set ups with a Process Technician to meet the needs of production orders.
- Perform machine shutdowns and purging for contamination as needed.
- Basic maintenance/troubleshooting of equipment, including cleaning nozzle tips, water lines and cleaning machines. Writes maintenance work requests.
- Will gain a thorough knowledge of all mold change operations.
- Sets up equipment during changeovers. This includes air tools, date stamps, conveyors, etc.
- Responsible for the condition of the tools and for following the tool repair/maintenance procedure.
- Will operate lift truck to move tools.
- Completes required documentation including Set Up Checklist, setup logbooks, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that all machines are set up to Process Book.
- Weekend (Saturday) overtime opportunities as needed to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for maintaining 5S standards.
The minimum training time for this job is 90 days. A high school diploma is required. Must be able to lift an average of 60 pounds. Should have accurate visual acuity, good communication & problem-solving skills, and work effectively with engineers, maintenance personnel, machine operators, and others in the department. Need to be willing to work OT on other shifts and Saturday's if needed, according to production schedule. Must have proven mechanical aptitude with prior applicable mechanical experience.