To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of high school diploma
- Maintenance certification or equivalent experience
- Must be able to obtain First Aid/CPR certification
- Previous experience in maintenance is required. Experience in Food Manufacturing or Processing very desirable
- Safety programs and processes, such as Confined Space, LOTO, Hazcom, Hot Work, Electrical Safety, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Strong ability to work alone or with little supervision
- Ability to determine causes of operating errors and be able to resolve them
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Strong knowledge in Pneumatics, and Power Transmission are required
Stand and walk constantly; grip, grasp, push, pull, reach, bend, stoop, lift up to 10 pounds frequently; sit, climb, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and water, and chemicals. Temperature is regulated for operations standards. Cooler temperatures occur in specific areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Proper personal protective equipment will be required during certain working conditions. Employees are required to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) due to working in a food manufacturing environment (hairnets, clean clothes, etc.).