Discount Marine Source (DMS) is hiring an enthusiastic and motivated, customer service representative to support our expanding team. DMS is a family-owned and operated, e-commerce store that sells boat parts and accessories across a number of websites. We have been in business for over 18 years and operate out of New Baltimore, MI. In this role, you will use your excellent communication and problem-solving skills as you engage with our customers. This is a great role for someone who is a self-starter and gains satisfaction from providing exceptional customer service.
What We Offer
- A fun & supportive, team-oriented work environment
- Paid, on-the-job training
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- After 90 days full-time employees receive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Paid holidays and time off; 401k with company match
- Respond efficiently to customer inquiries and maintain our level of high customer satisfaction.
- Manage large number of customer inquiries via email, phone and live chat: Keep customers up to date on order status
- Help customers place new orders
- Assist customers with product selection
- Problem solve order issues for customers
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives quickly; follow up to ensure resolution.
- Work with other team members to troubleshoot order issues.
- Follow up with suppliers on shipments and availability of orders and inform customers of estimated delivery dates.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Go the extra mile to provide top-notch service.
- Learn to assist with shipping/receiving as needed.
Who You Are
- Excellent communicator; you love to engage with people.
- Patient and empathic; our customers come first and we always treat them with respect
- Self-motivated and enjoy problem-solving: if you don’t know the answer you find it!
- Willing to be all hands on deck: always willing to lend a hand, even if it isn’t in your job description
- Accountable: we are a small team and each team member’s commitment is integral to our success
- Must be a highly organized and detail-oriented person, who can manage working alone at times
- Must enjoy working in a time-sensitive environment
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to handle distractions well
- Must have excellent phone and email etiquette, with a pleasant and friendly tone
- Must have excellent computer and typing skills; proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have ability to learn and understand industry-specific software
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday; 9am-5pm
- Experience in any service-oriented role is a plus