Britten is a veteran owned (VOSB) creative production house dedicated to delivering innovative signage, displays, and event branding solutions that make our customers stand out in a crowd. For 35+ years, we’ve leveraged our state-of-the art design, printing, fabrication, and manufacturing capabilities to propel high-impact campaigns and promotional ideas into the world. Always on time, on strategy, and on budget, we build the stuff that helps people, communities, and businesses flourish and prosper.
Located in Traverse City, Michigan, this creative production studio known as Britten seeks talented individuals to join our team. We’ve built a reputation for saying "yes" to projects others won't touch. Our people make that possible, individuals who put a premium on thoughtful service, care about the people next to them, and are willing to go the extra mile on projects they touch.
What We Seek...
The Accounting Specialist is an individual with a strong concern for quality and accuracy of work with a results-oriented focus. The work the Accounting Specialist – AR will be responsible for involves critical thinking and problem solving based on detailed knowledge of all pertinent facts and thorough analysis of relevant details. The position allows for creative thinking of new ideas, systems, or plans, and an innovative problem-solving approach. Must maintain a professional demeanor and make sound, well thought-out decisions.
We want people who align with and can live our core values:
We Say Yes
We Think Bigger
We Keep Promises
We Build People Up
Job Summary and Job Functions
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Assist with or perform all accounts receivable duties and responsibilities as required including sales tax in 37 states
- Communication between customer and sales to resolve/address any issues and/or payments
- Responsible for accurately applying customer payments to multiple companies from checks, credit cards, etc.
- Responsible for billing customer invoices
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO, Controller, and other company wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Organizing and assisting with audit document preparation for year-end audit
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Align with and believe in the company core values: We Say Yes, We Hustle, We Think Bigger, We Keep Promises, We Build People Up
Please note this job description is not designed to be exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.