Auburn Hills, MI, US
Professionals (3+ years)
Finance & Controlling
Type of Contract:
Feel the Drive- for us that means making mobility something you can experience with all your senses. We work for more comfort, wind in your hair, the perfect temperature in every season and driving with a clear conscience - for a safe and sustainable future.
We make mobility fun - are you there?
Our "Roof & Components (RC)" business unit develops and produces roof systems for every type of vehicle and autonomous driving. To achieve this, we rely on the most modern technologies and materials. Are you technically skilled and enthusiastic about product innovations? Then use your expertise and passion to help shape our success story.
The Webasto Group is one of the 100 largest suppliers to the automotive industry. With our innovative sliding and panoramic sunroofs, convertible roofs, and groundbreaking heating, cooling, battery, and charging systems, we constantly create added value for the mobility sector. Our customers can always count on a pleasant atmosphere and driving experience. When you come and work with Webasto, you can expect to find an environment shaped by a remarkable sense of team spirit. We offer our colleagues the freedom to be creative in global development work - because the "We" in Webasto is your special plus. Are you a dedicated team player with a passion for innovation and looking for new challenges in an agile technology company? More than 15,000 people are employed at Webasto worldwide. Webasto offers a creative working environment built on trust, with flat hierarchies, short decision-making paths and excellent career development opportunities.
Webasto is seeking candidates to join our team as a Project Controlling Specialist at our North American headquarters in Auburn Hills, MI.
What you will do - Essential Responsibilities:
* Assure proper tracking and update of actual financials for development PC's, in particular R&D and Tooling expenses
* Reporting on status of development and acquisition projects to the management / headquarter
* Take over responsibility as Program Controller for a certain customer group
* Assure alignment between financial program planning and company forecasting and budgeting
* Perform ad hoc analysis for R&D and Production Tooling
* Support on financial evaluation and preparation of business cases
* Update of Project PC's for responsible projects
* Align preparation for monthly updates for steering committees (assure schedule and PC input)
* Prepare responsible customer projects and guide other program controllers on the quotation process
* Assure accuracy and consistencies through various customer quotes
* Align Project cost planning with Budget and Forecast
* Monitor Cash Flow planning and actuals with program planning
* Reporting on status of monthly/quarterly status of projects in development
* Yearly update of PC Rates / Assumptions
The minimum requirements you will need:
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
* 3+ years experience in a Financial Analyst or Controlling role; preferably Automotive experience
* Project Controlling experience a plus
* Strong analytical skills and initiative to drive change; and make recommendations for cost improvements
* Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge - esp. Excel
* Experiences with ERP system (preferred SAP PS/CO/BW) and Financial Reporting
How we work together Our Culture - Our Values
We deliberately associate the first two words of our vision with our culture. Here, the word "Our ..." stands for all of us, for us as a team - across all departments, plants, regions and business units. The term "... Inspiration" embodies both the passion for our business and our intrinsic motivation. Because what it takes for a vision to become reality is a team of people who are highly motivated as they strive for the same goal together.
* Responsibility with a Long-Term View
* Passion for Quality and Innovation
* Hearts and Minds for our Customers
* Embracing Cooperation and Improvement
* Courageously Optimistic
What you will get
When you join the Webasto team, you will enjoy good excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes vacation time, paid sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k and much more. You will also
* Competitive pay
* Health coverage for you and your family
* Generous number of vacation days each year
* Paid sick time
* 401k with company match
* Professional development opportunities
* A work environment where we are One Webasto Family & live by our values!
Come join the Webasto family and be part of the WE in Webasto!
Candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen upon acceptance of an offer
We look forward to your online application!
Get to know us and find out why we are passionate about Webasto.
See more open positions at
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Webasto is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status.