US3088 Sygma Detroit, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Years of Experience:
The pay range provided is not indicative of Sysco's actual pay range but is merely algorithmic and provided for generalized comparison. Factors that may be used to determine rate of pay include specific skills, work location, work experience and other individualized factors
- Are you looking for a place to call home? Stability? A Career? Come join the SYGMA Detroit Team, located in Monroe, MI. Our Delivery Drivers run an average of four (4) solo or team routes per week (average route is 15 hours) and earn an average pay of $85,000 to 95,000 per year or more!
At SYGMA we value our people and take pride in offering our customers the best service in the industry. We place an emphasis on teamwork and are known for developing our top internal talent. Offering Paid Training and Top Earning potential. Our Formula to Success is simple Route Pay + Incentives = SYGMA Top Dollars.
6 MONTHS CDL A EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To serve our customers by safely and efficiently transporting products from the warehouse by driving a tractor trailer to various customers and properly delivering and unloading products according to customer invoices and company standards.
Top Earners Make Up to $160,000!
Brand New Fleet & Equipment - all automatics
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Benefits active the 1st of the month after 31 days of employment.
401(k) and Sysco Stock Purchase Plan
Drive both team and solo DEDICATED ROUTES!
Evening Dispatch, Sunday - Friday
On the Job Training, Paid Holidays
Unloads product from trailer, by hand or using a hand cart down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions and places in designated customer storage areas according to customer specifications and company standards (e.g., handling product according to preferred work methods, scanning product as it is delivered into the store).
Ensures all paperwork is completed according to established company and governmental guidelines (e.g., DOT electronic or manual logs, inspections, company vehicle maintenance reports and pre- and post-trip reports are completed accurately and submitted on a timely basis, ensures all invoices are accurate and turned in daily and all damages and shortages are reported promptly).
Ensures all food safety protocols are met according to established guidelines (e.g., proper temperatures are maintained in the delivery vehicle, product is inspected for visible damages prior to delivery, product is delivered and stored to prevent cross contamination) and maintains sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer; assists with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
Develops and establishes good relationships with customers by providing excellent and courteous service with clear communication.
Other duties as assigned by Management.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED/equivalent degree, plus three (3) months of tractor trailer driving experience preferred. Completion of a tractor trailer driving school will be accepted instead of, or in addition to a high school diploma.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License. Must be insurable to operate a vehicle as a condition of initial and continued employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: DOT regulations; Hazmat guidelines; Safe lifting and delivery practices.
Skill in: driving over long distances, over a variety of terrains and in varying weather conditions, communicating with customers; solving problems; delivering product.
Ability to: drive a tractor-trailer unit both in the day and at night, remain alert and aware of surroundings; meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company; handle hazardous materials and food and restaurant items that are frozen, dry and refrigerated; operate a 3 axle tractor, 45' - 48' trailer, straight truck, on board computer, key pad and a 2 wheel hand cart; read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations; perform basic math functions (e.g. add, subtract, multiply, divide); effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision; solve problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The associate is frequently required to lift, push, or move product that weighs up to 50 pounds by hand and push/pull up to 350 pounds of product with a 2-wheeled hand cart down a ramp and into the customer's storage areas; climb in and out of a tractor and trailer; reach to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate usually works an overnight schedule, including weekends, holidays, overtime, on-call and starting at various times are required to successfully meet customers' needs. The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various start times are required to successfully meet customers' needs.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 71,000 colleagues and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations.
We offer our colleagues the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disabilit