Deputy, Enforcement Division
- $51,123/ Year
- Full Benefits Package
- Maintains law and order while patrolling an assigned area in a radio-equipped car.
- Provides information and assistance to the public.
- Issues traffic citations for various traffic violations.
- Investigates reports of assault, larceny, disorderly conduct, prowlers and other suspected law violations.
- Books, searches and fingerprints arrested persons.
- Escorts prisoners to court or to state institutions.
- Prepares and maintains required records and reports.
- May testify in court on criminal or civil cases.
- Performs vehicle safety inspections and property checks.
- Directs traffic as required.
- This description is intended to illustrate the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It may not be a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and a citizen of the United States.
- No felony convictions.
- You will be fingerprinted to search state and federal files for any criminal record.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to read and comprehend policies and procedures to ensure appropriate deputy response behavior.
- Experience with typing and basic computer keyboard functions.
- Must have reasonable knowledge of motor vehicle code and Michigan Criminal law and procedures.
- Able to act quickly and use good judgment during emergencies.
- Ability to meet department qualifications with issued firearms.