Court Entrance Security Officer/ Support Services Deputy (Temporary/Part-Time)
- $24.57/ Hour
- This part-time, temporary position allows for a maximum of 1,000 hours per calendar year. It does not include any benefits.
- Provides a safe environment for the judges, court personnel, attorneys and public. Duties include the screening of all people entering the St. Joseph Courthouse, Niles Courthouse and the Berrien County Juvenile Center.
- The screening process consists of the use of metal detectors, x-ray inspection systems and visual inspections of packages, brief cases, bags and other such items.
- Transports inmates as required and communicates via law enforcement radio channels.
- This description is intended to illustrate the type and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It may not be a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applicant may not have any felony convictions.
- Must possess a Michigan vehicle operator’s license.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement, dependability, and the appropriate level of maturity to manage inmates effectively.