DYNAMIC LEADER to coach a 10 person team. Our mission is to connect UP Talent to meaningful career services and change lives. Are you up for the challenge?
Job Opportunity: Talent Services Manager
Location: Marquette County
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises a sub-regional team.
Organization Overview: Michigan Works! is a driving force in the competitive world of workforce development and economic prosperity, serving the 15 counties of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
Position Overview: The Talent Services Manager (TSM) oversees the day-to-day operations of Michigan Works’ American Job Centers or three offices in Marquette, Alger, and Baraga Counties. The Manager supervises staff and provides guidance and support to ensure effective delivery of complex workforce development programs.
Externally this role is responsible for building relationships and networks with businesses, educational institutions, and community partners. The Manager has a strong business acumen and prioritizes and coordinates activities to align employer needs with talent. As the public face of Michigan Works! in the community, the Manager is a polished leader with great people skills.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and support to staff, including the hiring, training, performance assessment, and development of employees.
- Motivate staff and foster team success.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in compliance with relevant laws, rules, regulations, and contractor/grantor requirements.
- Relay information internally and externally regarding Workforce Services at a high level of understanding and clarity.
- Manage day-to-day operations within the Michigan Works’ American Job Centers.
- Responsible for managing budgets to ensure adequate training, support services and placement services support all Michigan Works’ initiatives and programs.
- Provide high quality program administration across assigned areas of responsibility.
- Maintain knowledge of current services, high-demand sectors, and job openings.
- Recommend, implement, and monitor outreach strategies and community impact initiatives.
- Represent UPMW in the community; attend business and economic development events.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5+ years demonstrated management and supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable in economic, community and workforce development.
- Experience with coordination of services and programs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other standard applications.
- Self-confidence, good judgement and able to make decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; adept at public speaking.
- Impeccable integrity.
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience; comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD and retirement funding; more than 30 days PTO annually.
Status: Exempt, full-time.
Travel: There is a significant amount of travel within the region. A fleet vehicle is provided for business travel. A valid driver’s license is required.