General Purpose of Job:
As a member of the Support Operations Service team, the SOS Tech I is responsible for supporting the hospital’s goals of safety, patient throughput, patient satisfaction, and financial accountability.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties in the assigned Task Category as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position. This position will receive assignments from a computer dispatch system.
All Task Categories must adhere to the following:
- Maintains hospital standards of participating in mandatory in-services and other mandatory hospital/departmental requirements.
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, and safety.
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings and complete all educational programs and in-services as required.
- Follow all infection prevention practices (i.e., proper cleaning process, hand hygiene, standard & isolation precautions where and if required and proper use of personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Recognizes and adheres to patient privacy requirements (HIPAA).
- Can demonstrate effective use of computers and/or mobile devices for daily job performance activities.
- Respectfully listens to viewpoints and ideas of others.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate orally or in writing openly and candidly, creates an environment where co-workers and team members reciprocate in kind.
- Practices critical thinking skills to include prioritization of duties and immediate needs/requests (Stat cleans) • Demonstrates personal accountability
- Identify and utilize appropriate resources to ensure identified problems or concerns are followed through and resolved
- Demonstrate knowledge of facility safety requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate and properly maintain all EVS tools and equipment needed to clean and disinfect the environment.
- Ability to work with new caregivers in the buddy system, which includes assisting new caregivers in acclimating to the healthcare team environment AND, one of the following specialty task category:
Task Category: Environmental Services (Competency) and/or [Linen] • Exposure to cleaning chemicals. Potential to exposure to cleaning and other hazardous material. • A pre-employment physical demands test must be successfully passed through Sparrow’s Employee Health Department. • The ability to perform routine inventory procedures. Task Category: EVS Specialty Services • Exposure to cleaning chemicals. Potential to exposure to cleaning and other hazardous material. • A pre-employment physical demands test must be successfully passed through Sparrow’s Employee Health Department. • Can distinguish the differences between levels of disinfection and perform low and intermediate level disinfection • Ability to explain orally or in writing the differences between levels of disinfection and perform intermediate level disinfection in areas where required Task Category: Logistics Services (Competency) and/or [Transport] and/or Distribution Services • Knowledge of proper body mechanics. • A pre-employment physical demands test must be successfully passed through Sparrow’s Employee Health Department. • The physical abilities necessary to lift and transport a variety of supplies and materials; use equipment (wheelchairs, stretchers, beds, cribs, IV poles, portable oxygen tanks, etc.). • Demonstrated ability to work without direct/constant supervision. • Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to take phone orders, record them, read labels and instructions as well as respond to customer and organizational issues/needs. • The ability to perform routine inventory procedures. • The ability to operate a variety of motorized vehicles. Task Category: Floor Care Services • Knowledge and skills in the use of power equipment, conventional and high-speed floor machines, carpet cleaning equipment, wet, dry and power vacuum equipment and push sweeper. • Ability to work without close supervision. • Ability to operate necessary equipment/machines
For additional information on the job posting please go to the Sparrow Career site or How to apply below.