MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America, Asia and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
We are seeking an experienced motivated individual to fill a role as a CNC Machinist. Candidates must be experienced in reading and interpreting customer blueprints, customer specifications, internal operation process sheets, and working with precision measuring tools. Aerospace background strongly preferred. Part size ranges from 30 inches to approx. 70 inches in diameter. Parts are both military and commercial.
This position sits in Warren, MI and will report to the Shift Supervisor.
• Ability to run Lathe Machines
• Must be willing to run multiple machines simultaneously where possible/feasible as most machines are part of manufacturing cells/machining centers
• Ability to work with hard metals such as Inconel, Titanium and Stainless Steel
• Ability to read English and interpret symbols on operation sheets
• Must be proficient in mathematics and be able to use a calculator
• Ability to use Fanuc controls and make offsets as required by the program
• Ability to load part onto a fixture
• Ability to load parts and fixtures onto hoists and operate hoist to load part onto machine
• Ability to read and interpret CNC Programs at the machine
• Must be able to read tool sheets and set up tools for use on a job or part
• Ability to use precision measuring tools such as gauges, swing gauges, calipers, and micrometers
• Familiarity with operation of Right-Angle Heads
• Must have Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing knowledge
• Must possess the ability to work within tight tolerances such as thousandths
• Other duties as assigned by the Department Supervisor or Manager.
• 5+ years’ operating CNC Machinery in a manufacturing environment-preferably Aerospace
• Experience working with major aerospace OEMs (Pratt & Whitney, General Electric, Rolls Royce, etc..)
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk up a few stairs on machine platforms to access machines
• Team player with the skills to work with people at all levels in a fast paced and demanding environment.
• Ability to work overtime as needed
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the USA.
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Administration Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120-120 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R parts 730-774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.