Ghostworks Marine is seeking an entry level Composite Laminator to assist with the “hands-on” manufacture of carbon fiber boats. Working with pre-preg carbon fiber, you will be responsible for kitting, layup, bagging, de-bagging of the component working to complex engineering drawings and with molds to produce high precision composite boats. Successful candidates will have previous composite experience within the Motorsport, Aerospace/Aviation, Marine or Defense sectors.
Executive Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Laminating and tooling across a broad range of products performing a range of laminating processes which may include wet-lay, infusion, vac-bagging, pre-preg or RTM.
- Read and understand lay-up specifications.
- Checking information on drawings is clear.
- Checking route card instructions are correct.
- Following processes and ensuring the highest quality is maintained at all times
- Use of hand tools.
- Use of a wide range of fabrics, CSM and cloths in dry and pre-preg formats.
- Identify laminating defects.
- Record daily time spent on jobs on weekly timesheet.
- Correct use of PPE.
- Work with QA team to ensure that parts are being manufactured effectively and according to drawings and lay up books to ISO standards.
- Help develop processes to improve quality and efficiency.
- Keep all equipment maintained in good working order.
- Ensure the department is kept clean
- Work with composite materials according to the manufacturing plan and instructions, wrap mold with composite materials, in preparation for the curing process, to form composite parts
- Check for accuracy in all prior documentation of manufacturing planning, reporting all discrepancies and schedule concerns to the supervisor
- Verify materials being used are according to the manufacturing plan
- Verify part ID tag and sign off on work performed
- Adhere to schedules and time allowances for production requirement
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- 2+ years’ experience gained within the Marine, Aerospace, Automotive or other quality driven industry.
- Familiar with pre- preg autoclave processes and materials such as carbon and glass.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy levels.
- Ability to follow procedures and work instructions / manuals.
- Good verbal communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Used to working in a fast-moving environment.
- Motorsport / Automotive composite experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to read engineering drawings would be an advantage.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties.