Starting Up To: $18.50/hr (with experience)
Calling all Foodies! Don't romaine calm, Busch's is HIRING! Do you love food, fun and people? Are you looking for growth, development and excellent wages? We could make the perfect pear!
Our industry is ever changing and we are looking for individuals who are passionate about food and people. We are a family-owned, Michigan based company that is heavily rooted in the communities we serve. Busch's offers its employees benefits such as employee discounts, medical benefits including dental and optical, 401K with company match (restrictions apply) and even tuition reimbursement for qualifying students!
· Accountable for all bakery orders including pre-sells and supplies.
· Develop and maintain creative store layout and product merchandising for bakery items.
· Ensure a fresh and appealing display of bakery items throughout the day by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front facing,
checking product appearance, rotating and removing out of date or damaged products.
· Ensure proper tag and sign maintenance.
· Control and record shrink; meet or exceed shrink goals.
· Accountable for advertised item in stock position following Busch's guidelines.
· Accountable for reviewing and executing merchandising notes and ad directives.
· Read, respond and execute with urgency any email, GoTo meeting directive or Fresh News directive.
· Complete various projects assigned to you by your manager.
· Prepare, plan and execute period end inventories.
· Complete daily department case/tables maintenance and maintenance of backroom conditions including code dating of products in the coolers and
· Maintain merchandising plans to take advantage of seasonal holidays and product offerings to increase sales.
· Assist guests with product recommendations and locations, product requests, special orders, etc.
· Achieve department sales and financial objectives.
· Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail execution.
· Follow and ensure compliance with established procedures, including weight and measures, health and sanitation and safe work practices.
· Maintain and ensure maintenance of a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment including maintaining equipment in accordance with
Busch's standards and cleaning processes.
· Performs opening, mid and closing duties as assigned.
· Stay informed by attending all required meetings and training including those in person or online.
· Execute with operational integrity by anticipating problems, taking preventive measures, and adapting to changes that improve our operations or guest
· Contribute to organizational effectiveness by offering information, suggestions and recommendations.
· Consistently follow Busch's policies and procedures.
· Share our passion for our products by being familiar with our products and services and actively seeking and sharing that information.
· Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues to the appropriate parties.
· Communicate clearly and in a timely manner and use constructive feedback to make improvements.
· Work together as one team by recognizing accomplishments, demonstrating respect and appreciation, and actively helping others.
Education, Experience and Skills:
High school diploma or GED
Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a bakery or like experience.
Ability to learn basic knowledge of all bakery products carried in the department.
Ability to visually examine bakery products for quality and freshness.
Ability to meet Busch's guest service expectations and standards in all interactions with guests, vendors and Busch's associates.
Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast paced environment with a sense of urgency.
Proficient merchandising skills to plan and execute displays designed to drive profit, create interest, perceived value and suggestive sell.
Proficient communication and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and listening skills
Proficient computer skills in excel, word and email. Able to learn and use a variety of proprietary applications and technology.
Proficient organization and planning skills, especially to manage multiple deadlines and projects.
Proficient mathematical skills.
Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
· Lifting - Up to 60 lbs.
· Repetitive Motion - Hand and wrist - Approximately
30% of shift
· Pushing/Pulling - Approximately 15% of shift
· Exposure to temperatures - 32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezers), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit (ovens)
Standing - Approximately 100% of shift
Bending/Twisting/Kneeling/Reaching - Approximately 75% of shift
Walking - Approximately 70% of shift
Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals
Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Busch's is a family owned premier grocery retailer with multiple stores in Southeast Michigan. We are consistently recognized by our guests as an industry leader when it comes to service, product selection, store design and overall atmosphere. You can take pride in being a member of the Busch's family and working in an environment where we truly care about our guests and the products we serve. We also take great care of the associates that take care of our guests. At Busch's, we realize that without caring, motivated and personable associates, there would be no guests to serve.