Six Companies, One Vision...
As a Gold Level Veteran Friendly Employer, Prestige Group has been supporting the transportation industry since 1998. We have placed thousands of employees, created hundreds of future vehicles, and developed multiple US Military Veteran employment initiatives. From original concept to creation, Prestige Engineering specializes in Product Development and staffing solutions.
The Weld Process Specialist is responsible for leading the Weld Process in the concept, design, development, install and launch of Body-In-White welding equipment.
The position will interface with the ITC Department, Structure Design, Product Engineering, Facilities Engineering and Plant Management to develop common optimized welding solutions to vehicle build challenges. The candidate will be able to demonstrate and train welding techniques to the team to increase and sustain quality and throughput.
These techniques may include:
- Machine set-up
- Advanced robot programming and optimized welding parameters
- Implementation of new technology, equipment layout, and equipment design
The candidate will work with the BIW operations team to coordinate the implementation of "Best Practice” replications and other process improvements through the WCM process. Through data acquisition and analysis, the team will develop strategies and measurable to improve quality and throughput. These strategies will fall within the boundaries of corporate guidelines and be customized to each plant as needed based on resource levels and skills evaluations.
The candidate will understand the BIW specifications completely, as well as, suggest and implement changes to BIW specifications as needed. There will be moderate local/domestic and international travel required.
- Science Degree in Welding Engineering Technology or bachelor's degree in a Technical field.
- 8+ years of manufacturing experience related to welding technologies.
- American Welding Society Accreditations.
- Strong understanding of weld parameter development, resistance, and fusion weld certifications.
- Weld conformance tracking and a broad understanding of weld manufacturing processes.
- Good understanding of (WCM) World Class Manufacturing methodologies/ tools.
*Medical Insurance *Dental Insurance *Vision Insurance *Paid Holidays *Paid Vacations *401K plans *Tuition Reimbursement *Company-paid Life insurance *Voluntary Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance *Flexible Spending Accounts
Prestige Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.