Starting Wage Up To: 19.50/hr (with experience)
Calling all Foodies! Don't romaine calm, Busch's is HIRING! Do you love food, fun and people? Are you looking for growth, development and excellent wages? We could make the perfect pear!
Our industry is ever changing and we are looking for individuals who are passionate about food and people. We are a family-owned, Michigan based company that is heavily rooted in the communities we serve. Busch's offers its employees benefits such as employee discounts, medical benefits including dental and optical, 401K with company match (restrictions apply) and even tuition reimbursement for qualifying students!
· Responsible for all back of the house kitchen functions, preparation and maintenance to Busch's quality standards.
· Coordinate kitchen work flow and prepare prep lists for kitchen associates.
· Execute programs and procedures to promote deli hot case, hot food bar, chef's case and cold and hot grab & go.
· Preparation and production of prepared food items, including executing menus, rotisserie chicken, hot case program, chef's case items and grab & go
· Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to Busch's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
· Accountable for in stock position. Adjust production based on seasonal needs, weekly ad sales, and promotions to meet financial goals and objectives.
· Assist in training deli and kitchen associates.
· Train kitchen associates in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control and sanitation.
· Provide input to Deli/Bakery Manager concerning associate performance and department conditions.
· Identify and produce food production needs as directed by Deli/Bakery Manager.
· Assist Deli/Bakery Manager in ordering recommendations to assist in the control of inventory.
· Maintain time and temperature food safety standards to include product dating standards.
· Ensure all equipment is kept clean and in working condition through personal inspection and by following Busch's maintenance programs.
· Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste
· Rotate product to ensure freshness and control shrink. Ensure all waste is scanned out to maintain accurate shrink records.
· Represent Busch's brand at outside company food events.
· Stay current on food trends and new items relevant to department and building sales.
· Contribute to organizational effectiveness by offering information and suggestions.
· Assist guests when necessary with counter service, product recommendations, locations, product requests, special orders and catering needs.
· Demonstrate personal accountability for meeting expectations, goals, and quality of work.
· Communicate clearly and in a timely manner and use constructive feedback to make improvements.
· Work together as one team by recognizing accomplishments, demonstrating respect and appreciation, and actively helping others.
· Execute with operational integrity by anticipating problems, taking preventative measures, and adapting to changes that improve our operations or
· Consistently follow Busch's policies and procedures.
Share our passion for our products by being familiar with our products and services and actively seeking and sharing that information
Education, Experience and Skills:
· Minimum 1 year management experience.
· Minimum 2 years' experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook and/or sous chef.
· Food safety certification.
· Proficient organization and planning skills, especially to manage multiple deadlines and projects.
· Proficient cleaning abilities to meet sanitation and visual standards.
· Proficient communication skills, including written, verbal and listening skills.
· Proficient computer skills in excel, word and email. Able to learn and use a variety of proprietary applications and technology.
· Formal culinary training preferred
Busch's is a family owned premier grocery retailer with multiple stores in Southeast Michigan. We are consistently recognized by our guests as an industry leader when it comes to service, product selection, store design and overall atmosphere. You can take pride in being a member of the Busch's family and working in an environment where we truly care about our guests and the products we serve. We also take great care of the associates that take care of our guests. At Busch's, we realize that without caring, motivated and personable associates, there would be no guests to serve.
· Lifting - Up to 50 lbs.
· Standing - Approximately 100% of shift
· Bending/Twisting/Kneeling - Approx 40% of shift
· Walking - Approximately 40% of shift
· Pushing / Pulling - Approx 10% of shift
· Repetitive Motion: Hand and wrist - Approx 75% of work shift (chopping, mixing, cutting, etc.)