Six Companies, One Vision...
As a Gold Level Veteran Friendly Employer, Prestige Group has been supporting the transportation industry since 1998. We have placed thousands of employees, created hundreds of future vehicles, and developed multiple US Military Veteran employment initiatives. From original concept to creation, Prestige Engineering specializes in Product Development and staffing solutions.
2nd Shift w/OT
The CNC Programmer/Operator will contribute to the company's success by having a thorough understanding of the consistent and reliable programming and operation of CNC machining equipment. The Programmer/Operator will be accountable for developing and implementing new part programs for CNC machining operations. The Programmer/Operator will also be required to modify existing programs to achieve optimal performance in cost, quality, tool life, speeds, feeds, depth of cut, etc.
Include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing shop orders and drawings to determine machining specifications and requirements.
- Entering computer commands to retrieve stored parts data and programs.
- Creating part programs which calculates and codes machine controlling criteria.
- Entering commands to title and storing programs in computer memory and building and maintaining source files at machine tool control and/or on-line.
- Communicating to department members part program set-up and machining; use of work holding fixtures; building, loading, indicating and touching off tooling, etc.
- Monitoring and changing cutting tools (inserts) as needed.
- Performing dimensional inspection of product as required.
- Participation and completion of customer specified or supplied training, when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5+ years of experience as a CNC Programmer/Operator.
- Excellent working knowledge of CNC machining equipment.
- Knowledge of multiple types of Computer Numerical Control processes (machining, programming set up and operation.
- Knowledge of program writing software and ability to upload and download.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures for machining equipment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Prestige Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.