At Stericycle, we deliver solutions that protect the environment, people, and public health and working to create a more sustainable future. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people's lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
The Shred-it Route Driver is responsible for provide ng industry-leading levels of service to clients while taking care of all customer document destruction needs, including transporting supplies and materials, safely and in accordance with company policy and all local and federal laws. This involves loading and unloading the delivery vehicle and ensuring that all cargo is safely secured before transport.
Key Job Activities:
* Performs onsite/offsite document destruction of confidential information
* Performs pre/post-trip checks, and driver check-in on the assigned truck, prior to leaving or closing for the day.
* Reports maintenance issues to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up.
* Operates company equipment in a safe and efficient manner in an effort to minimize the risk of injury and equipment damage.
* Complies with all local, state, and federal laws governing driver fitness and hours of service.
* Complete and maintain DOT logs when applicable.
* Maintains a high level of security when emptying consoles and/or collection totes by ensuring all documents are retrieved and the consoles/containers are securely locked.
* Services accounts using a hand-held device, ensuring console/containers are barcoded, locations are up to date, and the accuracy of type and quantity of consoles/containers.
* Manages assigned routes ensuring customers' confidential material is collected and serviced in a timely and accurate manner.
* Handles and responds to all customer problems and inquiries expediently and in the best interest of both the customer and Shred-it.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Preferred Education: in High School or Equivalent
* 3+ years of experience, preferably in driving shred/box trucks and route management.
* Current driver's license (Class D or above) with an excellent driving record.
* May require mandatory immunizations and credentials based on customer requirements.
* Stericycle welcomes non-native English speakers, as long as drivers can read and speak English sufficiently to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, respond to official inquiries, and make entries on reports and records as required by federal regulation.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Medical Examiners Certification
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
It is the policy of Stericycle, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, to hire the best qualified people available without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, religion, status with regard to public assistance, order of protection status, disability, or veteran status.