Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures performs diagnostic MR exams utilizingappropriate imaging equipment and techniques. Follows Corewell Health philosophy of Patient and Family Centered Care at all times.
1. Verifies patient identification and physician order.
2. Provides procedural information/education to the patient/family prior to each exam.
3. Acquiresan accurate patient history and documents in the medical record.
4. Ensures MRI safety form is completed by patient/designee/floor RN and reviews information with patient/designee immediately prior to patient entering MRI scanning room.
5. Safely and proficiently operates MR imaging equipment.
6. Places IVs as required for injection of contrast media.
7. Performs procedures according to MR protocols.
8. Performs MRI and related patient care procedures using age-appropriate methods for patient's physical ability and/or limitations.
9. Monitors patients during examination to ensure their safety while in the MR Suite.
10. Ensures STAT requests are relayed to the radiologistin a timely manner.
11. Ensures equipment is wiped down and sanitized between patients and the exam room is clean and properly stocked with linen and supplies.
12. Uses effective inter/intra-departmental communication and participation with medical staff, management, technical and support staff.
13. Accurately and efficiently uses hospital computer systems for verifying orders, viewing schedules and sending information to PACS.
14. Performs quality MR Scans after verification of patient identification and physician order.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
* Graduate of Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) Accredited Radiography program.
B. Work Experience:
* 1-3 years clinical experience beyond staff radiographer level preferred.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
* ARRT Registered (MR) and/or completion of Accredited Radiology program- must be registry eligible to take the ARRT(MR) certification required within 1 year of hire.
* ARRT Registered and/or Graduate of Approved MRI Technologist Program American Registry of Magnetic Resonance
Imaging Technologist (ARMRIT).
* Must remain in good standing with the ARRT and/or ARMRIT. Technologists working in MRI modality before 2008 are exempt from additional MRI certification.
D. Other Qualifications:
* Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers at hire through the American Heart Association and American Red Cross.
Corewell Health offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
* Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
* Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
* Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
* Relocation assistance
* Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
* NEW On-demand pay program -Powered by Payactiv
ABOUT COREWELL HEALTH
Corewell Health offers you a world of opportunity throughout Southeast Michigan. With eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites you'll have a wide variety of practice settings to choose from. Corewell Health has more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health system.
Primary LocationSITE - Dearborn Hospital - 18101 Oakwood Blvd - Dearborn
Department NameFixed MRI - Dearborn
Employment TypePart time
ShiftNight (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours24
Hours of WorkVARIABLE
Weekend FrequencyEvery weekend
CURRENT COREWELL HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS - Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Corewell Health team members only.
Corewell Health is committed to providing a safe environment for our team members, patients, visitors and community. That is why we require a drug-free workplace and various vaccinations as a requirement for employment.
Corewell Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
An interconnected, collaborative culture where all are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work, is vital to the health of our organization. As a health system, we advocate for equity as we care for our patients, our communities, and each other. From workshops that develop cultural intelligence, to our inclusion resource groups for people to find community and empowerment at work, we are dedicated to ongoing resources that advance our values of... For full info follow application link.
Beaumont Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.