Jolt Credit Union in Saginaw is seeking a VP Information Technology in Saginaw. Are you passionate about managing a team that implements strategies for critical information systems? Do you find satisfaction in researching new technologies and opportunities for process improvement? If you're ready to give it all you've got, every day and everywhere, it's time you join the Jolt Credit Union Team!
At Jolt, we're member focused and community active. Energetic, motivated, empathetic, and community service-oriented people will be the best equipped to join our vibrant organization. We truly believe that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, have a craving to help others and are committed to promoting camaraderie in a team atmosphere, we enthusiastically invite you to join Jolt Credit Union.
- 4 competitive medical plan options
- Dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account(s)
- Employee Wellness Program with quarterly bonus incentives
- Life insurance and AD&D options
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs
About this position:
The VP of IT manages the technological infrastructure of the credit union and critical information systems. They also research new technologies and opportunities for process improvement. The VP of IT coordinates the IT department, eservices and document imaging.
The following is required: Bachelor's Degree in Technology or a business-related field or equivalent work experience, 10 years Financial Institution experience, 3 years supervisory experience, and a comprehensive understanding of information technology as it relates to a financial institution. Familiarity with Symitar Jack Henry programming is a plus. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational/project management skills, adaptability, and innovation. Works Saturday rotation to provide management presence (approx. 5-6 per year). Projects may occasionally require non-regular working hours such as evenings or weekends.
The VP Information Technology is primarily responsible for the following:
- Deliver service to both coworkers and members that is in alignment with the credit union's Service Promise: Giving it all we've got, every day and everywhere.
- Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff maintaining effective employee relations.
- Ensure that the department meets service goals as established by the Credit Union.
- Supervise and direct people and/or resources in IT and Imaging departments. Motivates people, plans and prioritizes unit operations, responds to changing conditions, and manages costs effectively.
- When problems, inquiries, or requests (member or staff) are received, will research and make decisions or take appropriate action deemed necessary.
- Act as a liaison between MDT and staff for ticketing and projects.
- Responsible for reporting and making recommendations to management and the board in the areas of technology and project development.
- Keep the Information Security Policies up to date and report any changes to the board of directors on an annual basis.
- Responsible for staying up to date by attending user groups, seminars, trainings, and networking with other credit unions and outside vendors.
- Assist with new product development, research, evaluation, training and implementation.
- Coordinate changes with department managers/VP's relating to new product/service development. May assist in training, development of materials, and inter-departmental needs.
- Knowledgeable of each department's operations and their current use of technology. Ability to develop further where necessary.
- Serve on the E-Commerce Committee and responsible for Business Continuity Planning team - create and update processes and procedures.
- Assist with coordinating staff testing and implementing new core software releases and maintenance updates.
- Work with compliance officer to evaluate operational or procedural changes for compliance issues.