Division HR Manager - Hydraulic Systems
Location: KALAMAZOO, MI, United States
: Human Resources
: Mar 28, 2023
Job ID: 39434
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Parker has increased its annual dividend per share paid to shareholders for 66 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
is a global leader in commercial and military aircraft and aeroengine technology. With the addition of , the company collaborates with customers to enable engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow.
Hydraulic Systems Division - Our vision: To be the world's supplierof choice and leader in quality and service, for hydraulic systems, hydraulic rotating products, hydraulic utility products, and actuation systems. Premier customer experience - Achieve superior program execution through advanced business processes and our people. Profitable growth - Expand our partnerships with our customers by leveraging our consolidated intellectual property to provide innovative solutions and unmatched performance
The Division HR Manager for the Hydralics Systems Division will work closely with the general manager, business units and other management teams in the group, division or corporate environment. Supervises other HR staff as necessary.
Strategic Partner - understanding and involvement in business issues, participation in business task forces, provide program management of workforce planning, skills assessment, succession planning, learning and development, champion of company culture and management practices.
Administrative Expert - continuous improvement and automation of HR processes such as benefits administration, employee record keeping, recruitment/staffing process, occupational health/safety, compensation/pay activities.
Employee Champion - champion employee communication programs that provide employees open, candid and frequent information-sharing with management, develop employee involvement systems, develop self direction teams, ensure work environment provides opportunity for celebration and openness. Provide due process to associates to deal with differences, development of employee skills, SOP development and performance management development systems.
Change Agent - act as liaison for leading change, create understanding among associates about the need to change, and how change will help them and the business in the short and long term, assist in the modification of systems and structures to support needed change, monitor progress by developing measures for change and develop long and short term plans to keep attention focused on change.
- Work to continuously improve the level of customer service provided to internal/external customers.
- Ensure department is responsive to resolving employee issues and concerns.
- Develop recruiting strategies for hourly and salaried employees.
- Assist in assessing needs, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating division training initiatives; ensure training is directly related to business goals.
- Oversee health and safety programs including risk management and wellness programs.
- Act as the strategic business partner between Operations and the HR function.
- Manage the division succession planning process.
- Oversee the division performance management practices.
- Increase the effectiveness of division communication programs.
- Encourage the utilization of employee recognition programs.
- Develop and monitor the department budget and business plan.
- Administer all HR policies for the division.
- Ensure adherence to corporate EEO/AAP policies.
- Act as a liaison between the division and the temporary agency to manage temporary employees.
- Oversee the role of the HR Department in employee participation programs.
- Conduct performance evaluations, hiring, training, coaching, periodic meetings, and other associated managerial activities.
- Champion company culture and management practices within the division.
- Work towards continuously improving the automation of HR practices.
- Create division and corporate reports as required.
- Modify and improve the new-hire orientation program.
- Administer employee feedback opportunities.
- Provide company contact for contracted services.
- Manage division contributions to charitable organizations.
Additional essential responsibilities and qualifications:
Must have 5+ years labor relations experience
Experience with delivering DE&I initiatives
Experience with development and sustainability of high performance teams
- 10-12 years in Human Resource Management.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field.
- Understanding of HR related laws, including, but not limited to, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, Title 7, Age Discrimination Act, and state law statutes.
- Background in organizational behavior helpful.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and customer service skills, ability to establish a rapport with others.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to conceptualize processes to see the "big picture".
- Basic computer skills, some mathematical... For full info follow application link.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.