Hamilton Community Schools invites qualified educators to apply for available positions for Before/After School Childcare Support Staff. These positions are for the 2023-2024 school year. Although the Support Staff Substitutes will not have a "home-base" location, they will fill a site vacancy in the District depending upon where the need for a substitute is for that day.
HOME-BASE VACANCIES: Bentheim, Blue Star & Hamilton Elementary
REPORTS TO: Hawkeye Kids Coordinator
PAY RATE: $14.64/hour
Average Work Week: Monday-Friday 6:30am-8:30am and/or 3:45-6:00pm. Support Staff Substitutes could be scheduled to work during breaks, holidays, professional development days, etc.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervise and support children as directed by the site supervisor
- Duties, as assigned by the Preschool and Before & After School Coordinator, related to childcare, needs.
- Must maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Experience working with children preferred
- Have a caring, patient, flexible demeanor.
- Regular, predictable attendance.
- Must receive TB testing, background check, and additional onboarding training requirements.
- High school students may apply for 3:30-6 p.m. positions.
Why be a substitute?
- Positively impact the education of students in your own community
- Feel good about the work you do
- Earn steady income through a variety of substitute positions available
- Expand your skills in a wide variety of settings
- Network with other teachers
- You’ll have fun through this incredible adventure
WHO ARE WE?
Hamilton Community Schools is a rural district located in West Michigan south of Holland and east of Saugatuck. Our well-maintained district consists of four elementary buildings (Bentheim, Blue Star, Hamilton Elementary, and Sandyview) along with one middle school, one high school, and Hamilton FLEX (Virtual, Blended, and Shared Time options). Hamilton prides itself on being a big district (135 square miles) with a small-town feel.
Hamilton Community Schools is one of 18 member public school districts within the Ottawa Intermediate School District (OAISD). Our district consists of 400 employees and over 2,500 full-time students and 1,100 non-public students in a variety of programs and formats. Hamilton Community Schools is known throughout the state as a premier district balancing a small-town atmosphere with educational innovation to meet the needs of each learner. The focus on K-12 academics, work-based learning, athletics, and the arts make Hamilton a destination district. WE are HAWKEYES!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hamilton Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, color, height, weight, marital status, familial
status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status with
applicable state and federal laws.
DISTRIBUTION: Internal / External