Using dynamic route descriptions, delivers packages on Sundays and observed holidays. May case, deliver, and collect mail and packages on Saturday along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Loads packages in delivery sequence in vehicle.
2. Delivers packages to customers along a prescribed route.
3. Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
4. Receives and signs for accountable mail.
5. Loads mail and packages in vehicle.
6. Delivers mail and packages to customers along a prescribed route or as an auxiliary assistant by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers' roadside boxes.
7. Furnishes routine information concerning postal matters to customer.
8. Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
9. Prepares appropriate time records.
10. Provides for mail security at all times.
11. May be required to provide a vehicle for delivery if an employer provided vehicle is not assigned.
ARCs are non-career employees who provide customers along a rural route services which includes delivering and collecting mail. Desirable candidates may be required to have a vehicle suitable for use and live within easy commuting distance of the facility location. If required to provide own vehicle, ARCs will receive an Equipment Maintenance Allowance (EMA).
Work is performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather.