DEPARTMENT: Macomb Community Action
HIRING AUTHORITY: Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EMPLOYEE RELATIONSHIP: Just cause subject to probationary period
CURRENT HOURS AND STARTING TIME: Full-time position (37.5 hours per week). The starting time for this position is currently 8:30 a.m.
Provides overall management and supervision of the day to day operations of assigned program. Ensures and implements programs goals, policies and procedures governing the operation of multiple programs. Ensures that all developed trainings adhere to established fidelities, comply with contractual and accreditation requirements, and have certified instructors and trainers. Manages substitute staff schedules and coverage for classrooms. Monitors classrooms to ensure compliance with state licenses.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintains daily operations of the Head Start 0-5 program.
Assists in the directing and supervising of Head Start staff to ensure program compliance.
Assists in the support of contracted community partners to ensure compliance in Performance Standards.
Facilitates and conducts trainings and professional development for staff in order to fulfill state and federal standards.
Conducts the hiring of the Head Start staff in conjunction with Human Resources and Labor Relations Department.
Works with local colleges and universities to place observation students and student teacher practicum in Head Start classrooms.
Assists with conflict resolution between Specialists and staff.
Compiles, analyzes and enters statistical data; completes necessary reports utilizing program specific software.
Assists in ensuring compliance with the Head Start Act, Head Start Performance Standards and Licensing Regulations.
Participates in regular reflective supervision.
Operates an automobile to perform assigned duties.
Performs related work as required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Services, Business Administration, Social Work or a related field from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience and experience administering programs related to disadvantaged populations, homeless people and/or community action.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Services, Business Administration, Social Work or a related field from an accredited college or university
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Possession of a valid Michigan driver’s license and operable, insured automobile for authorized travel
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIES
- Early childhood development and developmentally appropriate practices
- State of Michigan Childcare Licensing rules and regulations
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with clients, families, outside professionals, agencies and the public
- Assigning, prioritizing, monitoring, and reviewing work for program staff and activities
- Conflict resolution
- Effectively speak, write and understand the English language
- Speak and understand a language other than English is preferred
- Conduct observational evaluations
- Relate and interact with clients and professionals in a positive manner
- Accurately organize and maintain paper documents and electronic files
- Maintain the confidentiality of information
- Work with diverse populations and cultures.
- Conduct oneself with tact and courtesy.