Ref # 16200
Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that's more than some cliché people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams, and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You're constantly evolving, so shouldn't your opportunities be, too?
The Director of Digital Employee Experience is responsible for bringing Ally's culture to life, online. In this role, you'd be responsible for helping Ally's digital workplace and employee communications channels evolve to the next level and beyond, and be key in setting the vision for the future of our digital employee experience through external benchmarking, research and internal partnership with key constituents, particularly IT. In other words, this role will help our 11,500 employees work smarter, more efficiently and more collaboratively online. Ability to manage multiple deliverables & experience working on large projects is a must, as is a flexible attitude, curious nature and stellar work ethic.
The Work Itself
- Leads the evolving vision for the digital employee experience, bringing Ally's culture and employee value proposition to life - maximizing current technology to optimize the Intranet, while evolving future capabilities that account for a consistent and integrated employee experience across Ally.
- Builds and evolves understanding of how users consume information and navigate online portals to inform strategy and take digital communications tools to next level.
- Develops and evolves employee personas through ongoing active and passive employee research to ensure our experiences reflect our employees' needs and wants from their employer, personally and professionally
- Strengthens Ally's culture through creative approaches to new and existing internal platforms, channels and approaches that enhance collaboration and connect teammates virtually.
- Leads digital employee experience projects, business tools and applications, that are adaptable and meet the needs of an evolving workforce by keeping abreast of latest trends and best practices in both the internal and external digital media sphere.
- Partners with Talent Management to identify best practices in technology training to maximize on-the-job efficiency related to online employee resources via the Intranet.
- Incorporates change management practices to influence enhanced usership of work tools, technology, social platforms.
- Partners with other EE&C team member to determine usage patterns and trends, interpret metrics and data-driven research which will be incorporated into communication strategies and to help drive desired behavior.
- Liaises with critical business partners, particularly IT and suppliers, to ensure communications and employee experience capabilities align with business needs.
- Leads intranet content audits to keep content up-to-date and prevent sprawl.
- Responsible for day-to-day publishing of content to intranet portal, distribution of mass communications, as needed, often in high-pressure situations.
- Leads web projects, large and small, to completion, through multiple approval processes with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrates resilience and flexibility and willingness to explore different paths to achieve an outcome and adjust quickly and efficiently to new circumstances.
The Skills You Bring
- Bachelor's degree required. Bachelors in Business Management, Computer Science, Communications, Human Factors or Psychology preferred.
- 7+ years experience in digital, ecommerce, web design, or UX field
- People management experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a cross-functional environment to develop solutions to maximize business results - experience managing relationships with business, technology and creative teams
- Proven ability to create processes and content that ensure quality and measurable results
- Evidence of thought leadership in solving complex technical/creative problems
- Manages change with integrity and a spirit of collaboration
- Self-starter who requires a minimum of supervisory oversight
- Strong ability to manage multiple deliverables, even in the face of some level of ambiguity from senior leadership.
- Ability to foster collaborative work relationships with people at all organizational levels
- Hands-on experience with and strong technical understanding of web publishing platforms, particularly SharePoint, web project management processes and HTML.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
How We'll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally's total compensation - or total rewards - extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally, and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and childcare discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are:
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Base Pay Range:
Incentive Compensation: This position is eligible to participate in our annual incentive plan