Responsible for managing all affairs between GDLS and suppliers/subcontractors for various types of subcontracts/Purchase Orders including both, fixed price and cost reimbursement.
- Responsible for managing all affairs relative to the position of Procurement Buyer.
- Analysis of Oracle system material needs.
- Solicitation and preparation of Request for Quotes (RFQ's), Requests for Proposals (RFP's), and Request for Information (RFI's).
- Cost analysis of proposals.
- Price analysis of quotes.
- Proposal fact finding.
- Negotiate proposals and offers to meet program and cost targets.
- Purchase Order preparation, placement and continued administration/monitoring to assure subcontractor compliance.
- Administer subcontracts/purchase orders, control costs and assure on-time delivery to support program requirements.
- Buying which includes analysis of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) needs.
- Serve as the focal point between the suppliers and GDLS functional departments/program offices
- Manage Quality, Design, Payment issues with subcontractors.
- Coordinate "Source Selection" process.
- Ensure GDLS compliance with applicable procurement laws and regulations.
- Administration of purchase orders via communication & on site program reviews.
- Review and access all planning to assure subcontracts/purchase orders are placed within Vendor lead-time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business area of study. Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Ability to use Oracle system & associated computer systems.
- Experience in cost and price analysis and write-ups.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Occasional domestic travel.
- Possible International travel.
- Strong communication (oral & written) and problem solving skills.
- Strong problem solving and program management skills.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Work in a team environment to meet team objectives and performance metrics.
- Perform under pressure to meet deadlines, provide timely updates, and communicate status with all parties involved.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & the Internet business applications are desired but are not mandated.
- Strong understanding of procurement processes, systems and MRP.
- Ability to multi-task and proper management of work day and buying deck.
- Ability to obtain a US security clearance if required.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race and/or ethnic background, national origin and/or ancestry, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, military service, veteran status, disability, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, genetic information, or membership in any class protected by applicable law from discrimination in employment.