At Custom Built Design & Remodeling, our focus is on families and impacting their lives in a positive way through our services and our commitment to the communities we serve.
We live by our core values of:
Family Focused: Our heartbeat is to positively impact families and that starts with our team.
Fun: We bring the fun into everything we do.
Proactively Helpful: We act by seeing and solving issues together.
Grow or Die: We push past the impossible to continue thriving.
Passionately Committed: We are a creative, tenacious, and heads down hardworking team who wins by accomplishing the mission.
Are you an excellent communicator with impeccable follow up?
Are you incredibly organized and enjoy managing multiple projects?
Do you have experience working in or a strong interest in the construction and/or remodeling industry?
Do you have a passion for personal and professional development?
Do you love collaborating with others and seeing shared goals achieved?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Custom Built Design & Remodeling is seeking a highly effective Project Supervisor to join our growing team.
The Project Supervisor is responsible for keeping our residential remodeling projects operating effectively by executing the administrative and scheduling details. This person is an on-site presence and provides support to the Design, Sales, and Production Teams. This role requires attention to detail, follow through, excellent communication, and a strong understanding of construction and building permit requirements.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Performs jobsite measurements.
- Coordinates with trade partners, vendors and subcontractors to obtain pricing.
- Maintains consistent communication with key personnel involved in projects before and during the construction process.
- Communicates with clients and Trade Partners regarding schedule or project changes.
- Troubleshoots issues that arise with Trade Partners.
- Performs data entry, including updating selections sheets.
- Applies for permits with appropriate municipalities.
- Works on and collaborates with others on special projects.
- Utilizes various computer programs/systems used in design and remodeling activities.
- Develops and fosters positive and effective working relationships with the senior team, and all team members; and works harmoniously and collaboratively with team members to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Attends and participates in a variety of on and off site meetings.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience:
Previous experience in residential construction/remodeling industry. Demonstrates knowledge of construction factors, such as material and labor costs and quality control measures. Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in construction or remodeling activities. Demonstrates excellent customer service acumen. Ability to work autonomously and with little guidance. Displays the confidence and competence to gain/maintain the organization's credibility. Takes initiative to learn, develop oneself and see things through from start to finish. Excellent interpersonal communication and computer skills; ability to operate standard office equipment. Ability to engage in active listening and communicate complex information to a variety of audiences.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to converse verbally and in writing with others.
- Ability to utilize general office equipment, Internet and various business software programs (i.e. MS Office, design software/programs, etc.).
- Ability to travel to client worksite and to attend meetings in person as needed.
Regular M-F (7:30a-5p) onsite attendance at Custom Built's Okemos, MI office is required with future possibility of hybrid/remote work as needed based on business needs.