: DMC Hutzel Women’s Hospital
is nationally recognized for cutting-edge research in high-risk obstetrics, infertility, reproductive genetics, neonatology, maternal fetal medicine, midwifery, gynecology, urogynecology, menopause, permanent birth control and alternatives to hysterectomy. With a rich history of more than 150 years as Michigan’s first hospital for women, patients benefit from Hutzel’s commitment to research and education. Home to the Perinatology Research Branch of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute for Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Hutzel is recognized as a leader in women’s health by physicians and researchers across the country. Job Summary
Reporting to Nursing leadership for the hospital site, as assigned, and with/through subordinate personnel, assumes management responsibility for a single major (or multiple smaller) function, service or process that provides business support to Nursing operations.
- The position may also be used for managers responsible 24/7 for multiple (2 or more) similar/smaller Nursing units in the department of Nursing who may report to a Director, Administrative Director or Executive Director at the site.
- The position is medium in scope or impact with less than 50 FTE direct/indirect-reports on multiple Nursing units; or with responsibility for a single major Nursing operational support function; or with multiple Nursing operational support responsibilities that diversify the role and expand the impact on the organization at the site level.
- Direct-reports may include Clinical Managers and/or high-level professional/administrative exempt and Nursing supervisory personnel.
- The Manager Patient Services positions with patient care accountability, plan, implement and evaluate processes related to performance improvement, staffing effectiveness, fiscal management, staff competence and customer service outcomes within designated units/services and in collaboration with senior leadership and subordinate staff.
- Ensure that regulatory requirements/standards are communicated, implemented and monitored.
- Collaborate with other members of the healthcare team to plan, implement & evaluate activities related to department, hospital and DMC objectives. Model customer service excellence.
- The Manager Patient Services positions with responsibility for providing business support to Nursing operations, identify the need for departmental policy development and/or revision and define policy in collaboration with higher-level management input and department goals/objectives.
- Oversee the development and/or revision of departmental procedures/protocols; secure approvals, as necessary.
- Develop, monitor and revise processes.
- May provide input into the development and revision of departmental organizational design and/or monitor the quality and quantity of overall workflow. Initiate or recommend personnel actions such as hires, fires and disciplines for area(s) assigned.
- Complete performance appraisals.
- Develop and assess performance of daily, monthly and/or yearly goals and measures for assigned area(s). As requested, assist in long-range goal development for the department and assessment of goal attainment.
- Assist in developing and monitoring budget for designated single or multiple, closely-related fields, areas or processes. Model customer service excellence.
Supports the standards set forth in the DMC's Code of Conduct by creating an atmosphere of commitment to legal and ethical standards, and as directed, implementing external and internal audit recommendations. Monitors activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations JCAHO requirements, and DMC policies and procedures.
1. Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) required. Master's degree preferred. If Masters prepared, either bachelors or masters must be in Nursing.
2. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
3. Three years of progressive Nursing experience.