Weyerhaeuser in Grayling is accepting applications for a Multi craft Maintenance Technician to provide maintenance support to Operations and lead preventive maintenance work. Demonstrates willingness and ability to act promptly to meet mill needs in an environment where safety is always the lead consideration before performing any task.
- The Maintenance Technician is a key member of the Grayling OSB team and works in a team environment to manage the mill maintenance systems, specific area projects, process improvements and equipment operation.
- This position is able to fully cross train in all areas of maintenance which includes but is not limited to, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic for both troubleshooting and preventive maintenance.
- Willing to attend training seminars both onsite and offsite, as required.
- Utilize computerized maintenance systems and have the ability to demonstrate systemic troubleshooting decision making.
- Dedicated, self-motivated individual who can actively participate in meetings, team feedback, team building, and performance reviews.
- The successful candidate will have industrial maintenance millwright experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
- Must be proficient in 2-3 areas including electricity, electronics, PLC, logic, millwrighting, power transmission, welding, and hydraulics.
- Must read and understand blueprints and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to use maintenance tools.
- Electrical skills are a plus.
- Associates degree is preferred.
- Ability to read electrical schematics preferred.
- Computer skills a plus.
- Good communications skills and team skills are highly desired.
Grayling is a high performing self-directed team with above average earnings potential and full benefits. Pay for this position will be commensurate with background, education and experience.
About Wood Products We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we've been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We're serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. *We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.