10850 Bellevile Rd,Belleville,Michigan,48111-5304,United States of America
Patient Care Technician - Belleville, MIFull-time - 3-4 days/wk, e/o Saturday10 - 12 hour shifts
DaVita is seeking a Patient Care Technician who is looking to give life in an outpatient dialysis center. You can make an exceptional difference in the lives of our patients and their families dealing with end-stage renal failure or chronic kidney disease. Do you desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way - the way you'd want your own care to be? If you haven't considered Nephrology before, read on as we think that you should.
Joining DaVita as Patient Care Technician (PCT) is an exciting opportunity to jump start your career in the health care industry! With paid, extensive training, you will gain the skills needed to care for our patients and build a network of other health care professionals across the geography where you live. Once you have successfully completed training, you will join a holistic team of care professionals - including nurses, dietitian, social workers, and other experienced PCTs - to care for our patients. It's not a job, it's giving life and a career based on passion and purpose
DaVita - which is Italian for "giving life" - is working to provide quality service to patients, partners, and teammates. Our mission is to be the Provider, Partner, and Employer of Choice.
Our PCTs also find DaVita professionally fulfilling. To help advance your career, we offer clear paths to higher levels of responsibility and compensation through our Clinical Ladders program. Through DaVita's Bridge to your Dreams program, teammates who have been in their role for six consecutive months and in good standing, are eligible to receive tuition assistance up front to pursue their dream of becoming a DaVita RN and getting their Associates Degree in Nursing. We also have dedicated training to become a Facility Administrator, and training to become a Regional Operations Director. Your success is driven by your performance and desire.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Describe the primary purpose or scope of the job. What must be accomplished and why is it performed. The Resident Patient Care Technician-ICHD assists registered nurses in providing dialysis treatment for the EndStage Kidney Disease ("ESKD") patient in accordance with federal, state and local regulations. A resident PCT- ICHD is currently in PCT training and demonstrates the ability to follow basic work routines and standards while operating under close supervision. Focused on learning. Note: All duties are performed under the direct supervision of a registered nurse in accordance with DaVita policies & procedures, OSHA, AAMI, CMS, state, federal and local regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
In order of significance, list the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and the typical % of time spent performing them. List only duties with a 5% of Time allocation or greater. All other duties are accounted for in "Other Duties as Assigned" which must remain on all Job Descriptions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION % OF TIME/Frequency
1. Receives patient into treatment/exam area; weighs patient, takes temperature and blood pressure pre- and post-dialysis; documents on all dialysis flow sheets. Performs and records vital signs and all other parameters of ESKD patients as per DaVita policy and/or state regulations; obtains blood samples and culture specimens and prepares for shipment 25%
2. Under guidance of nurse and/or preceptor sets up and monitors dialysis machines and reverse osmosis ("RO") water system for correct functioning, responds to visual and audible alarms and makes appropriate adjustments before, during and after the dialysis treatment, performs safety checks as directed by the registered nurse. Dismantles, cleans and disinfects dialysis machines and equipment in accordance to DaVita procedures; performs appropriate end of therapy terminal cleaning and disinfection of the dialysis equipment with guidance of nurse and/or preceptor 25%
3. Collects patient data and reports to nurse and/or preceptor as needed related to: * Monitoring and documenting status of vascular accesses * Documenting patient observations and seeks guidance when levels are out of normal range for ESKD patients * Reporting patient parameters to registered nurse as needed 20% * Under guidance of nurse and/or preceptor initiates dialysis via approved accesses using proper cannulation or central venous catheter techniques in accordance with state, federal and local regulations
4. Reviews dialysis prescription, notes general physical and mental condition of patient through observation and interview, obtains information and/or data to determine compliance to dietary or medication regimen; documents observations and reviews with nurse and/or preceptor 20%
5. Performs clerical duties as needed and reviews with nurse and/or preceptor which may include: filing, lab requisitions, scheduling appointments, answering phones, ordering supplies, billing, copying, faxing, data entry and maintaining patient charts 5% 6. Other duties as assigned. 5%
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma /GED
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
List applicable certificates, licenses, and registrations required or preferred for this position
Dialysis Technician Certification by a CMS approved state certification program or a national commercially available certification program required within 18 months of hire or position change
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a... For full info follow application link.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.