Niles Plant Services, LLC is currently hiring people who have a construction background, are mechanically inclined, and have an interest in and ability to learn the insulation trade. As an insulator at NPS, your first priority will be safety, and your second priority will be insulation. For this trade, employees will be required to attend a company-paid insulation apprenticeship program. We are looking for individuals with a strong commitment to completing work in a safe and efficient manner. A strong candidate for this position would possess excellent leadership and team management skills, both in written and verbal communication, and attention to detail.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Apply, remove, and repair insulation on industrial equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems, such as heat exchangers, tanks, and vessels, to control noise and maintain temperatures.
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes using plastic covers, strips, sealants, tape, cement, or asphalt mastic.
- Determine the amount and type of insulation needed, as well as the methods of installation, based on factors like location, surface shape, and equipment usage.
- Fit insulation around obstructions and shape insulating materials and protective coverings as required.
- Install sheet metal around insulated pipes with screws to protect the insulation from weather conditions or physical damage.
- Measure and cut insulation to cover surfaces using tape measures, handsaws, knives, and scissors.
- Prepare surfaces for insulation application by brushing or spreading adhesives, cement, or asphalt, or by attaching metal pins to surfaces.
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine job requirements.
- Select appropriate insulation materials such as fiberglass or Styrofoam based on their heat retaining or excluding characteristics.
- Distribute insulating materials evenly into small spaces within floors, ceilings, or walls using blowers and hose attachments or cement mortar.
- High School GED preferred
- OSHA 10 and related certifications preferred
- Previous Industrial insulation experience a MUST
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Strong organizational skills, time management, attention to detail, accuracy, and oral and written communication.
- Able to lift 50lbs.
- Able to work at heights
- Capable of being on your feet all day
Salary: $16.00 - $22.00 per hour
**The hourly rate can be negotiated based on your industry knowledge and experience**
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Niles Plant Services, LLC is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and believes that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements therefore, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, marital status or parental status, height, weight, citizenship status, arrest record, disability, genetic information, military or veterans’ status or any other legally protected status by federal, state, or local law.