Job Summary: The Diesel Mechanic requires skilled work in the maintenance and repair of light and heavy equipment, equipment accessories and tools.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Performs major mechanical repairs and adjustments on power drives, brakes, steering, electrical, cooling, or related systems on a variety of light and heavy equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance, inspects, dismantles, and assembles heavy equipment.
- Provides technical advice concerning the length, cost, complexity, and extent of required repairs.
- Places orders for replacement work activity.
- Repairs hydraulic systems and other specialized related equipment.
- Test completed work for defects and make sure it conforms to specifications.
- Thorough knowledge of the mechanical operation of many different types of heavy equipment including electrical, brake, and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of Safety Practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment parts and replacement parts.
- Skill in the mechanics of diesel engines, use of welders, air compressors, air tools, cutting torch, and various hand tools and test equipment.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and detect malfunctioning heavy equipment and make the necessary repairs.
- Ability to work and communicate with others as a team.