This job is located in Hemlock, MI.
At Hemlock Semiconductor (HSC), we transform people’s lives by energizing and connecting our world through silicon technology. Since 1961, HSC has been a leading global provider of hyper-pure polysilicon, and is the only polysilicon manufacturer headquartered in the United States. HSC plays an essential role in the semiconductor and solar industries, with the vision of becoming the preferred supplier of silicon-enabled technologies to the low-carbon, digital world.
Our polysilicon is used to make computer chips – the “brains” behind the electronic devices we rely on to make our lives easier, safer and more enjoyable. HSC is just one of six major manufacturers in the world that makes polysilicon used to create semiconductor wafers. In fact, nearly all electronic devices in the world contain HSC polysilicon.
We’re also moving the world toward a greener future by supplying the rapidly growing solar power industry. HSC is committed to doing good for our local Michigan and global communities, relentlessly improving our operations to remove supply chain carbon emissions. The low embodied greenhouse gas emissions in our polysilicon materials facilitates the production of ultra low-carbon solar panels. These panels allow solar project developers and owners to lower the embodied carbon of their projects by up to 50 percent.
To achieve our goals, we draw on the talents of more than 1,350 employees and contractors. Our employees thrive in a culture that values teamwork, excellence, responsibility and customer focus. We recognize and value the diverse backgrounds and experiences of all of our people working together as One Team. At HSC, you belong to a team that is transforming our world.
This position has project management responsibility and coordination of expansion-related projects at Hemlock Semiconductor. Project sizes are large, >$100MM. Works as part of the HSC project team, interfaces with external partners, reports to the capital program manager, is accountable to the HSC Portfolio Management Office.
- Definition and management of scope, cost, and schedule.
- Facilitation of all front-end loading, engineering, procurement, and construction deliverables.
- Manages the interface and coordinates the division of responsibilities with external engineering service providers and ensures external providers are delivering as required per the project budget, quality and schedule.
- Develops overall project execution strategies.
- Creates Risk management protocols and minimize/eliminate key project risks.
- Ensure proper Change management throughout project life cycle.
- Project reporting and project controls engagement and leadership.
- Ensure proper Project closure change management.
- Working know-how of capital project execution: FEL and Execution, and associated deliverables.
- Experienced understanding of:
- multi-discipline engineering interactions and workflows
- procurement workflows
- multi-discipline construction management interactions
- Strong organization and written/oral communication, while working with internal and external project teams, subject matter experts, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience of working in complex teams of engineering disciplines, manufacturing, business, and regulatory functions.
- Maturity and ability to maintain a positive attitude during difficult situations and times of ambiguity.
- Proficiency with business computer applications (SAP, MS Office Suite).
- Bachelors degree in engineering
Required Work Experience
Hiring Manager: Brent Dunn
HSC is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.