Mary Free Bed Summary
We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients "Ask for Mary," they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Employment Value Proposition
At Mary Free Bed, we take pride in our values-based culture:
* Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Our Commitment to providing an inclusive environment for patients, families, staff, and community, through embracing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion T.O.G.E.T.H.E.R.
* Focus on Patient Care. A selfless drive to serve and heal connects all MFB employees.
* Clinical Variety and Challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities and activities.
* Family Culture. We offer the stability of a large organization while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small organization.
* Trust in Each Other. Each employee knows that co-workers can be trusted to make the right decision for our family, patients, staff, and community.
* A Proud Tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our employees with pride.
In addition to the job description outlined for Patient Service Coordinator under the direction of the outpatient leadership team, the Lead Patient Service Coordinator maintains the accountability for becoming a resource for all registration and therapy scheduling. Responsibilities include but are not limited to oversight of the day to day operations for all outpatient Patient Service Coordinator staff members, positive patient relations, employee engagement, proper telephone communication training & coaching, appointment scheduling, collaborative relationships among providers and staff. Accurately collects information from multiple sources to process referrals for outpatient therapy. Works with outpatient
therapy management and department leadership to ensure operational efficiency. Identifies the need for policy development and/or revision. Helps in the development of procedures/protocols and/or seeks other departmental approvals as appropriate. This individual participates in the interviewing/ hiring, training and staff scheduling and evaluation of staff performance. As a working leader, in addition to knowing and functioning in daily Patient Service Coordinator duties, the main focus of the Lead Patient Service Coordinator is to ensure department standards are met or exceeded in customer service, quality care, and productivity, in accordance to organizational mission statement, values, and goals.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Provide the day-to-day Patient Service Coordinator functions of scheduling, registration, referral process, and authorization and telephone volume for all of Outpatient Services as a working leader.
* Maintain the knowledge and understanding of all scheduling for outpatient therapy lines.
* Manage process changes within EMR and scheduling software to implement protocol scheduling. Directing scheduling and registration staff in policy and procedure development to better accommodate patient appointments for all diagnosis and disciplines. Responsible for coordinating all changes with EMR software through service request, problem solving and direct contact with EMR representatives. Manage process changes within EMR to implement proper scheduling. Direct scheduling and registration staff in policy and procedure development to better accommodate patient appointments for all diagnoses and disciplines.
* Participate in weekly team conferences to represent scheduling department in order to effectively create action plans to assist with problems/concerns/questions and for process and efficiency improvement.
* Create, develop, and edit patient education information/ patient policy changes/handouts as needed
* Administrator of system tools such as Team Site and Sharepoint for outpatient therapy. Identifies employees/departments, allowing/denying access on a case by case basis. Works with IT to ensure proper usage of systems occur; Edits and maintains systems to ensure current data is correct.
* Actively promotes open communication and a collaborative work environment with the team and other departments and work sites. Facilitate positive working relationships with access management/revenue cycle management, staff and all therapy staff, including managers in all departments and work sites. Practices and fulfills all components relative to the Climb to Excellence as outlined through leadership at Mary Free Bed: Rounding, Thank You notes, Employee Selection/Peer Interviewing, Key Words at Key Times, AIDET + Promise, Standards of Behavior.
* Identifies customer service... For full info follow application link.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.