Michigan Works! West Central is looking for YOU! If you have experience as an Accounts Payable Specialist, apply now to join its team in Big Rapids!
As an Accounts Payable Specialist at Michigan Works! West Central, you will assist in processing all agency financial transactions and maintain support documentation as required by applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and various agency plans and policies. Generate reports and compile financial data necessary to evaluate effective/efficient performance in organizational activities, as a basis for management decisions. Must maintain strict confidentiality of assigned information.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Perform accounts payable functions and maintains all relevant filing and distribution of documentation.
- Monitor organizational and program expenditures.
- Verify invoiced expenditures and travel expense vouchers for required approvals, accuracy, allowability and support documentation. This includes the preparation of such disbursements to staff, vendors and contractors.
- Maintain agency equipment inventory system and updates, as appropriate.
- Process and track all programmatic payments.
- Track and reconcile monthly agency credit card statements.
- Follow up with payees regarding checks outstanding 30 or more days to get them cashed or re-issued if necessary.
- Prepare 1099's annually.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor. These duties will be incorporated in a specific way into the position description, should they involve a lengthy commitment or extensive time.
Interacts with all management and program operations staff in financial matters affecting operations.
Frequent interaction with the local financial community, vendors, state personnel and other contractors. Periodic interaction with auditors.