Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The main responsibilities are providing pristine customer service to clients as the voice and face of Sparrow Security’s mission and brand, working seamlessly in conjunction with other Security caregivers to provide our clientele with the best experience possible. Responsible for greeting visitors, patients and other clients and support the objective to maintain a safe, secure and orderly environment.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Provides a positive first impression of Sparrow Hospital to patients and visitors by extending a cordial welcome and assisting with needs.
- Greet patients, visitors and caregivers while patrolling the main hospital lobby and the professional building
- Recognize potential violent/disruptive behaviour and assist with intervention as needed.
- Verifies inpatient and outpatient appointments utilizing daily scheduling report.
- Verifies patient room numbers for visitors.
- Provides directions and wayfinding assistance to patients and visitors.
- Answers questions and refers patients and visitors to appropriate resources.
- Assist visitors with application and removal of PPE
- Maintain current knowledge of all Sparrow properties and related security technologies to ensure proper response to calls for service.
- Responds to safety hazards according to facility procedures to include: water on floor, objects inadvertently blocking doors, electrical cords removed or taped, and misplaced furniture.
- Immediately report any accidents to Leader on duty.
- Maintains safe and secure environment for, and provide assistance to, Caregivers, patients, physicians, volunteers and guests of Sparrow Health System.
- Contacts Security with any suspicious behavior.
- Provides parking validation for those who meet validation protocol.
- After-hour visitor identification.
- Conduct Visitor and Caregiver screening as recommended by Sparrow Hospital, which may include taking temperature, asking screening questions and providing appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Demonstrates knowledge and maintains and respects patient right to privacy by following the HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures.
• Adheres to ICARE values and standards of behavior (Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence).
• Role model behaviors that value the diversity of our caregivers, patients and customers and supports creating an environment that is inclusive, welcoming and respectful.
• Communicates with patients, families and customers using AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank).
• Works in a safe manner and promptly reports any hazards identified in the work environment or related to assigned responsibilities.
• Adheres to policies and procedures designed to avoid, prevent and reduce the spread of communicable diseases.
• Minimum 1 year frontline customer services experience and/or 1 year security experience
• Previous security and/or lobby entrance screening. Preferred.
||• Minimum High School Diploma
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills
• Strong communication skills, basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software, with strong typing skills.
• Demonstrated skill in unarmed self-defense and control techniques, as well as crisis prevention and intervention techniques. (NCI training at a minimum)
• Demonstrated competency and/or ability to learn various computerized security technology and software programs.
• Knowledge of good body mechanics and in good physical condition. • Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
• Excellent communication and public relations skills (written and oral).
• Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.