Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
This is a temporary position.
To perform and assist in routine agricultural labor.
Unit Position Summary
- Move, load, and unload supplies, materials, tools, and equipment
- Assist with the movement, loading, transportation and unloading of livestock
- Operate tractors with agricultural equipment
- Clean barns, sheds, pens and related agricultural facilities and equipment
- Assist in the care and feeding of livestock
- Assist with the preparation of livestock feed
- Must have experience operating a skidsteer
- Comply with University, State,Federal, AAALAC, IACUC, and species specific rules and regulations at each farm
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Knowledge acquired from coursework from secondary school, technical, vocational, trade school and/or college in the field of animal science. Preference for 2+ combined years of study.
- Experience driving a skid steer and tractor.
- Experience working with student employees.
- Basic math skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Please include a resume and cover letter
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
6 am – 5:30 pm, 7 workdays every 2 weeks, 80 hours per pay period
Summary of Health Risks
- Work in an environment with dust and animal dander
Summary of Physical Demands
- ability to lift 50 pounds
- able to work on feet during length of shift