Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
To assist in the preparation and delivery of retail services to meet the needs of all Sparrow retail locations while delivering high quality, personable customer service to all customers.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Assists in the preparation, sale and distribution of food items at all retail areas serviced by Food and Nutrition Services.
- Stocks, sorts and puts away food, disposables, dishes, utensils and other items and supplies used by the department.
- Performs accurate cash handling functions as assigned.
- Ensures accurate charging for all items, from all customers for every transaction.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment, work and storage areas. Washes dishes, pots, pans and carts. Disposes of trash, refuse and recycling.
- Adheres to prescribed safety practices and procedures.
- Communicates with customers and co-workers as appropriate to their job assignments while exhibiting high customer service standards.
- Contributes to and supports Goals and Objectives of Food and Nutrition Services and the Health System.
- Maintains hospital standards by participating in in-services, committees, continuing education programs, etc.
- Demonstrate and encourage exceptional customer service.
- Adheres to the established dress code and standards for personal appearance and hygiene.
• Demonstrates knowledge and maintains and respects patient right to privacy by following the HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures.
• Adheres to ICARE values and standards of behavior (Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence).
• Role model behaviors that value the diversity of our caregivers, patients and customers and supports creating an environment that is inclusive, welcoming and respectful.
• Communicates with patients, families and customers using AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank).
• Works in a safe manner and promptly reports any hazards identified in the work environment or related to assigned responsibilities.
• Previous retail food service. Preferred.
• Previous cash handling experience. Preferred.
• High school diploma, GED or successful completion of 12 grades combined with continued enrollment in early college program.
• ServSafe Certification. Preferred.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrated high standard of customer service skills, self-motivation, problem solving and time management.
• Demonstrated advocacy of Food and Nutrition Services and the Health System.
• Demonstrated commitment to job through past performance, attendance, contribution of ideas, cooperation with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new and multiple tasks and to operate with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated written, verbal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and flexibility in varied aspects of food service.
• Proactive approach to problem solving.
• Willingness to take ownership of projects and assignments.
• Ability to maintain composure when busy and during times of increased stress.
• Attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to listen, take direction and respond productively to constructive criticism.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.