At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense, and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you are part of building the future.
The Senior Defense Mechanical Engineer will design, evaluate, and implement future technologies in support of the development of future ground vehicles. The role handles projects independently and guides and mentors less experienced engineers within the team.
- Design and release systems working within an integrated project team led by an engineering lead or program manager
- Plans, estimates, schedules, conducts, and coordinates the technical aspects of engineering projects
- Lead engineering test scopes, planning, execution, and report writing (e.g. acceptance testing, performance testing, etc.)
- Present progress, challenges, and next steps to internal and external customers.
- Read, understand, and adhere to Military standards
- Provide timely creation and review of engineering design, change, and release documents.
- Maintains the technical aspects of engineering projects within allocated budget and schedule limits
- Oversee other engineer’s technical deliverables to ensure they meet customer requirements and Roush quality
- U.S Citizen allowing for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain at a minimum Department of Defense "Secret" Level Security Clearance
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in the defense industry
- Experience conducting presentations and management reviews
- Experience with engineering design process
- Knowledge of ground vehicle systems such as structures, suspension (wheeled or tracked), lethality, survivability
- Knowledge of DFMEAs (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis), DVPs (Design Verification Plan), DFM (Design for Manufacturing), FEA (Finite Element Analysis), OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) release systems and procedures, vehicle dynamic evaluations, 2D drawing development and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) application and bolted and welded joint applications
- Proficient in general computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical data verbally
- Hands-on troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Ability to provide robust solutions to complex problems in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Able to obtain a security clearance
- 7 years of experience in the defense industry
- Experience with currently fielded ground vehicles
- Automotive chassis engineering experience
- Functional proficiency with CAD (Computer-Aided Design) software SolidWorks, Siemens NX UG (Unigraphics), CATIA, PROe (Pro/Engineer), Creo, or MATLAB
- Knowledge of component, system, and vehicle testing, including subjective and objective evaluations
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.