DEPARTMENT: Office of Senior Services
HIRING AUTHORITY: Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt - overtime paid pursuant to Collective Bargaining Agreement and Human Resources policy
EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP: Just cause subject to probationary period
CURRENT HOURS AND STARTING TIME: Part-time position (up to 29 hours per week), Monday through Friday, no holidays or weekends.
Under direction, delivery of meals to seniors in a safe manner to and from designated sites as assigned; documentation of all aspects related to delivery; follow protocols, policies and procedures; participates in ongoing training requirements; performs pre-inspections and completes necessary paperwork; performs related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operates a vehicle in a safe and lawful manner at all times while performing assigned duties.
Picks up and delivers food and other items as required.
Maintains accurate daily data entry of meal deliveries, concerns, changes in participant status etc.
Immediately report problems with delivery or change in client status (no answer, hospitalization, etc.)
Completes vehicle pre-inspection daily and/or weekly following established guidelines.
Ensures assigned vehicle is clean and in proper operating condition following established guidelines.
Maintains accurate transport records, inspection forms and other paperwork as required.
Checks truck on a daily basis for needed repairs.
Makes requests for vehicle repair as needed.
Participates in safety training sessions as assigned.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or a certificate of successful completion of the General Educational Development (GED) test
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience transporting goods
- Experience working with senior citizens or mentally/physically challenged individuals
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Possession of a valid Michigan driver’s license and operable, insured automobile for authorized travel
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIES
- Operate a motor vehicle in a safe and lawful manner
- Work in an environment which embraces the county’s Dignity Campaign
- Effectively speak, write and understand the English language
- Effectively speak, write and understand a language other than English is preferred
- Understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions
- Accurately organize and maintain paper documents and electronic files
- Maintain the confidentiality of information and professional boundaries
- Work independently