Hourly rate $15.43 - $19.95 depending on professional experience
As part of our total benefit package, Macomb County proudly offers medical, dental, and vision coverage, with no monthly premium to employees for single, two (2) person or family coverage. Health care, dental and vision benefits are effective the first day of employment.
To learn more about Macomb County benefit offerings click here.
DEPARTMENT: Facilities and Operations
HIRING AUTHORITY: Director
F.L.S.A. STATUS: Non-exempt. Overtime pursuant to Collective Bargaining Agreement
EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP: Just cause subject to probationary period
CURRENT HOURS AND STARTING TIME: Full-time (37.5 hours per week) position. The starting time for this position is currently 4:00 a.m.
Under supervision, is responsible for cleaning and servicing all areas and surrounding premises of assigned County owned and/or leased facilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Dusts, sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs and waxes floors.
Gathers and disposes of litter and trash in all areas of assigned facility.
Dusts, washes and cleans furniture.
Moves and sets up furniture.
Vacuums stairs, landings, hallways, offices and all other areas.
Seals, waxes and buffs floors periodically.
Strips old floor wax and refinishes according to assigned schedules and routines.
Vacuums and shampoos carpets.
Cleans and sanitizes restrooms.
Stocks restrooms with necessary paper products.
Cleans and maintains custodial closets and equipment.
Washes walls and windows.
Maintains inventory of cleaning supplies.
Requests cleaning supplies and equipment as needed.
Cleans and maintains ceilings, ceiling fixtures and air vents.
Notifies management concerning need for minor repairs.
Cleans snow and debris from sidewalk.
Spreads salt on public passageways.
Maintains surrounding premises as needed.
Acts as backup to clean and service unassigned buildings as needed.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Possession of a high school diploma or a certificate of successful completion of the General Educational Development Test
- Previous custodial and/or housekeeping experience
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Possession of a valid Michigan driver’s license and an operable, insured automobile for authorized travel
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIES
- Knowledge of common house-cleaning devices, related supplies and equipment
- Maintenance and operation of cleaning equipment such as brooms, mops, mop pails, wringers, carpet cleaners, power floor scrubbers, floor polishers, vacuum cleaners, power washers, snow shovels, snow blowers, and tractors
- Effectively speak, write and understand the English language
- Effectively speak, write and understand a language other than English is preferred
- Understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions
- Accurately organize and maintain paper documents and electronic files
- Maintain the confidentiality of information
- Work independently