Detroit, Michigan, United States • P-100009 • Job Requirements
The Field Project Manager opportunity is a management/ salaried position; leading a small team of 15-40 to accomplish assigned store renovation projects lasting 5 to 15 weeks.
This Field Project Manager opportunity is rewarding as well as challenging, requiring a lot of travel to complete renovation projects at various retail stores in an assigned local region. Typically, a Field Project Manager works 8 to 10 hours a day, 5 days a week, and working 17-20 days on location and about 280 days a year living in a hotel.
· Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
· Define project deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management.
· Develop project plans and schedule.
· Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion.
· Communicate with customers/client on an ongoing basis.
· Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and customers/client.
· Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
· Track project milestones and deliverables.
· Issue status reports to the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
· Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
· Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
· Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
· Conduct project "lessons learned" meetings and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
· Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Develops and directs one or more work streams of cross-functional store projects in all formats.
Directs Associates, on process and procedures for facility set-up projects, including reviewing new modular plans, planning merchandise placement based on modular requirements, and advising on assigning additional staff to assist to ensure company and facility goals are met.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
· Travel up to 80% of the time.
· Must have 1 year of previous supervisory experience of a team.
· Must be able to work overnights and weekends.
· Hotel accommodations are provided.
? About Us:
SASR is a nationwide staffing company that provides temporary and full-time staffing to major retail merchandisers all across the US.
At SASR, we're committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Visit us at https://www.sasrlink.com/ to find out more.
Demonstrated previous hands-on direct leadership of a team, project management skills (timelines, resources, etc.), and an ability to travel.
· 1 year experience using Microsoft Office Suite (e. g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· 1 year leadership, supervisory, or management experience, including task management and delegation.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
· 1 year project management experience.
· 2 years retail field experience.
· Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.